Music has been hijacked by fat cat business men!!

What is happening to our beautiful music industry? Every time I turn the radio on all I ever here is over produced synthetic pop songs with manufactured vocals, performed by pretty boys or women who have to dance around in their underwear in order to sell records!

I don't know how people like Simon Cowell sleep at night knowing what they are doing to the industry! Musicians should be left to write and perform their own music! Music is an art after all, so why keep painting the same picture??:rant:

What is happening to our beautiful music industry? Every time I turn the radio on all I ever here is over produced synthetic pop songs with manufactured vocals, performed by pretty boys or women who have to dance around in their underwear in order to sell records!

I don't know how people like Simon Cowell sleep at night knowing what they are doing to the industry! Musicians should be left to write and perform their own music! Music is an art after all, so why keep painting the same picture??:rant:

Music is to entertain. Some music is an artform but just in the way I sometimes fancy a burger from McDonalds as opposed to a steak, sometimes I want some cheap pop music as opposed to some Bach etc.

So whats new? Its been that way since the 60's

So whats new? Its been that way since the 60's

At least in the 60's people used to sing their songs. These days you get idiots like Jason Derulo who quite obviously sing into a vocoder to make his voice in tune!

Music is to entertain. Some music is an artform but just in the way I sometimes fancy a burger from McDonalds as opposed to a steak, sometimes I want some cheap pop music as opposed to some Bach etc.

People in the music biz used to be able to spend money on artists & develope them, like what happened with the Beatles. Now their is very little risk involved. It's all about making as much money as possible.

At least in the 60's people used to sing their songs. These days you get idiots like Jason Derulo who quite obviously sing into a vocoder to make his voice in tune!
He's still singing though, using technology to make it better but singing none the less. You can't condemn people for using technology in music or you just condemn everyone.

Besides music is now being wrenched back out of the hands of the fat cats moreso than at any other time. MP3's, spotify, lastfm, protools etc are all making music far more democratic than it ever has been. Record companies are becoming obsolete

People in the music biz used to be able to spend money on artists & develope them, like what happened with the Beatles. Now their is very little risk involved. It's all about making as much money as possible.
Are you saying The Beatles were a manufactured pop band?

We've broken music by demanding it for free. Therefore the kids who were poor and making it are going to remain poor.

We've broken music by, despite demanding it for free, wanting a really posh video to go with it therefore ruling out anyone without a perfect or completely unusual face.

We have broken music by killing the power of the music magazine who used to tell us what to listen to. Now people read the internet instead.

We have broken music by killing the power of the tv programme to transport a new favourite band into your room.

That leaves two types of music buyers. (note not lovers)

Early teenagers who still don't break any rules who listen to Cowell's greatest hits.

Middle class couples wandering round Tescos who look for the latest chart release and ending buying more Cowell and Walsh.

Real music lovers of any genre are getting out and listening to it live but that doesn't get it in any charts.

Mostly manufactured by George Martin, without whom most of their singles would have sounded on the wrong side of bloody awful.

Do your homework pal! Ofcause they were!

Mostly manufactured by George Martin, without whom most of their singles would have sounded on the wrong side of bloody awful.

I disagree with you there. They wrote all their own music & produced the majority of their later stuff with little imput from martin.

We've broken music by demanding it for free. Therefore the kids who were poor and making it are going to remain poor.

We've broken music by, despite demanding it for free, wanting a really posh video to go with it therefore ruling out anyone without a perfect or completely unusual face.

We have broken music by killing the power of the music magazine who used to tell us what to listen to. Now people read the internet instead.

We have broken music by killing the power of the tv programme to transport a new favourite band into your room.

That leaves two types of music buyers. (note not lovers)

Early teenagers who still don't break any rules who listen to Cowell's greatest hits.

Middle class couples wandering round Tescos who look for the latest chart release and ending buying more Cowell and Walsh.

Real music lovers of any genre are getting out and listening to it live but that doesn't get it in any charts.

Simon Cowell also pays radio ststions millions to play his music!