Is it a sheff utd shirt in Batman Begins?

I went to see Batman - good film - and am convinced a young boy is wearing a Blades shirt in it (he's handed fruit by Bruce Wayne). I havent bothered going to see it again and dont know anyone else that has seen it. Can anyone help as it's doing my head on!!

Yes there is,not seen it myself but the young boy is wearing a sheff united shirt,it's on various message boards,think it's a circa 1990 shirt.

That's quality. It's not enough to have Sean Bean, now we're popping up in Batman!

I hear wednesday are trying to sign the fantastic four to compensate.

Originally posted by Jon

I hear wednesday are trying to sign the fantastic four to compensate.

Hasn't Tony Soper done a programe on them?

Watching batman begins. Just seen that Christian bale handed a homeless kid in a BLADES shirt a bit of fruit. Lol! C'mon u red n white wizzzarrds!

Is there any relevance in the shirt? Was it an 'in joke' or something with the crew?

Is there any relevance in the shirt? Was it an 'in joke' or something with the crew?

Christopher Nolan who directed the movie is a Blades fan, been chatting about this over on the Sheffield Football section. Must say, I have seen the movie numerous times and only spotted it for the first time the other night, lol...

I think it's to add to the realism after all whenever you see a Blades shirt in film or TV it's either on a beggar (Batman Begins), a doley tramp (The Full Monty) or the child of a prisoner (Prisoners Wives). :P

I think it's to add to the realism after all whenever you see a Blades shirt in film or TV it's either on a beggar (Batman Begins), a doley tramp (The Full Monty) or the child of a prisoner (Prisoners Wives). :P

No ;they wanted him to wear a Wendy shirt, but Bale said "no he's down & out, not a total paraffin lamp" :P

Edited by Bypassblade

No ;they wanted him to wear a Wendy shirt, but Bale said "no he's down & out, not a total paraffin lamp" :P

I've not seen it but I bet it gave a better performance than Sean Bean has in any of his films...

When Saturday comes anyone?