Is it nice in Loxley?

hi thinkin of movin up loxley can anyone tell me if this is a nice place to live

cheers

It is :D, you are in the gateway to the countyside but only 10 mins from Hillsborough by bus or 30 mins to the City

Was nice when I lived there 7 years ago, however, since the murder that happened in Loxley two months ago, people's concerns about gangs in the area have increased.

Definitely avoid the council houses there (most of which are on Philips Road or the roads that lead off it).

As I said, it was fine when I lived there, but you might want to have a drive around at night to check it out for yourself.

Personally, I'd be looking at Worrall and Bradfield as slightly better options (though probably a little more expensive).

Hope this helps.

Like any area it has some problems.. Generally speaking it's one of the nicest areas with easy access to the surrounding Countryside and as other people have said very close to nearby shopping and other activities.

Are you looking at privaate or council accomodation?

My mum lives up there and its lovely i wish i could move up there myself but i dont have that option yet, good luck with what you decide

Nice ish. There are many chavs though which is a surprise. I was brought up just over the hill and have a lot of friends there and its not as nice as many would have you believe

I think it's gone downhill in recent years. Read http://dianeleighshipley.wordpress.com/2009/05/12/craig-wass/ for example.

I lived in Oughtibridge, which is a bit less "middle class" than Loxley but somewhat less populated with gangs and scum as far as I can tell, though it's by no means perfect.

There's really no place left in Sheffield that doesn't have these scum hanging around somewhere, possibly aside from parts of the very expensive Ranmoor/Fulwood areas.

some nice views

I spent a few years in Loxley and attended Loxley school. It is charming and I would love to live there again if I could afford it.

what about leaton close or dunkerly rd, looking at houses for sale on rightmove, but have teenagers and wouldnt want to be near anywhere with gangs, are they likely to be the sort of areas, or is it just philips road?