Does anyone know what Myrtle Road is like to live on?

I am thinking of renting a property at the bottom of Myrtle Road near Queens Road.

As The Earl pub is just across the road, does anybody know what living so close to this pub would be like.

I have heard they now have a 2am licence and am a bit concerned about noise and people on the streets at chucking out time.

Don't get me wrong I like pubs but when you need to sleep, you need to sleep.

Hi Mate, I'm the owner of the Earl. I have friends living a few houses from that corner house (which incidenatly I just got outbidded in the auction) and they never have a problem really. The people "pour" out of the road on the other door facing away from you, we never let them out of the double doors as we're concerned for people's safety in regards to them "stumbing onto traffic" senario flashes in our minds too much!

It was bought for about 40k, selling for 90ish right?

Hope this helps, but I cannot vouch for this 3rd hand information.

Hi illodius, thanks for the info.

Not sure about the end house, it's one a little further up in that row that I might rent.

If you are interested in what it sold for try looking here:

http://www.nethouseprices.com/component/uk/

It's free

Thanks again and I might pop in for a pint if I move your way.

Lowfield is a very nice area on the whole, I doubt you'll have problems from the Earl.

You're a stone's throw away from many attractive local pubs, public transport is ... okaaay ;)

The end house - I've no idea what they paid for it but it was derelict. I saw the guy who'd bought it sledgehammering his way in (his kids were loving this) and they seem to have done a great job on it. It took a while to sell but it was on the market for about £85k which is very cheap indeed for Myrtle Rd.

It was bought for around 40'000 from jenkinson anctioneers (spelling?) which is funny because it was valued at 20 K , house prices CRAZY!Seen the house nice but double yellows outside.....Im Thinking soon that warehouse just before the bridge will go.Id like to get my hands on summit like that!

I lived on there a few years ago and my Sis still lives nearby. I loved living on Myrtle Road. x

Originally posted by sugarnspice

I lived on there a few years ago and my Sis still lives nearby. I loved living on Myrtle Road. x

What was it like in Winter ? It's so steep it must have been a deathtrap to walk/drive down.

Yes it did take a bit of skill walking down without falling in the ice. I used to work in the Earl too, though this was a few years ago now. It's a nice area. The Farm is nice and they hold little mini festivals in the Summer.

I do a few nights at the Earl and the queens road side of the pub is pretty well sound proofed

Nick2 - it's horrible in winter, you have to walk down the middle of the road if its icy because pavements don't get gritted. It was mad in that heavy snowfall earlier this year, not even a 4x4 could manage it in one piece. I've seen vans coming down there sideways when it's icy. You won't see a local resident attempt to drive up it in the snow.

i use to live on alexandra and we love it in winter good to slide down