The Temp Agency Thread: Whinge & Moan Here

seriously. why say a role is one thing and its clearly not? ie: you register with them to do customer care WITHOUT sales and no weekends and they send on you on interviews thats for sales with weekends? cant they read your CV or remember what was spoken about during your meeting? is it laziness that makes most of these people complete wastes? i just wish you could find work in this city without using one.

They're taking a chance that you're desperate and will do anything.

but they shouldnt. you know? if you treat someone with some decency theyll get so much more in return.

My other half has found this to be the case too, went to an agency in Sheffield after seeing a job advertised, lo and behold when he got there it was nothing like what he had origionally been interested in, suddenly it had become a part time position when it had been advertised as a full time one, needless to say he told them where to go

ive had that more times than i can count.

or the best bit is you see a job in their windows, go in to question it and told "we've filled the role last week"

well if it was filled last week why the hell do you still have it up and advertise for it?

ive had that more times than i can count.

or the best bit is you see a job in their windows, go in to question it and told "we've filled the role last week"

well if it was filled last week why the hell do you still have it up and advertise for it?

Exactly! I believe most of the jobs are non-existent anyway. And why oh why do agencies advertise these jobs by other means eg JobCentre, you find a job on their website or job point, ring the pointless section that tell you where the job is and application details, only to find it's an agency you registered with already.... why advertise if they have huge amounts of people on their records capable of doing the job?!!! Shady if you ask me. I HATE agencies! Especially Brook Street.

It's just as frustrating for employers who ask agencies to source staff, only to find that when the candidates turn up they have been lied to about the job they are going for ?

Complete waste of time for all involved.

Anyone used Reed in town, im supposed to be going in there this week to register

http://www.rec.uk.com/rec/home/index.aspx

This is a regulatory body (which recruitment agencies subscribe to) which offer credits/standards depending upon how agencies perform in terms of recruitment.

Although I am not totally 100% sure of how the process works, if you read http://www.rec.uk.com/rec/about-the-rec/rec-standards.aspx

which lists standards to attain to - I am sure that complaints could be made to this body (if they are recognised) which would mean the recruitment agency would have to do something about their procedures if they are falsely advertising positions and their associated terms and conditions.

seriously. why say a role is one thing and its clearly not? ie: you register with them to do customer care WITHOUT sales and no weekends and they send on you on interviews thats for sales with weekends? cant they read your CV or remember what was spoken about during your meeting? is it laziness that makes most of these people complete wastes? i just wish you could find work in this city without using one.

Best thing to do in this situation is to tell the company that you were misled by the agency.

Agencies that send unsuitable candidates to be interview just waste the time of the recruiting managers. I they get enough complaints, they will move agency. :)

i have been into a couple of agencies, signed up because there is a job advertised onlyto be told that after making the effort that the job isnt right for me and they have no other part time work, then two days later i look and theres loads on the website! AARRRRHHH :suspect:

Best thing to do in this situation is to tell the company that you were misled by the agency.

Agencies that send unsuitable candidates to be interview just waste the time of the recruiting managers. I they get enough complaints, they will move agency. :)

i did that today after a mess up with showing up to a job and i had a very icy reception all around.

i was told to show up at one time and when i got there i found out i was supposed to be there at least an hour later. then when trying to get in touch with the agency the woman on the phone wanted to know how my day went, but she wasnt the one who sent me on my assignment. i needed to speak to a specific person because i needed to discuss other things about whats going on with me working for them and she would not be able to handle the query. i was nice but direct. i asked for a call back and to please call my landline number as my mobile had been flakey all day today (in fact when they tried to call me it refused to connect on my side). so when they call back they call me on my mobile! @£$%£$^$£%^$£@!$£^%@£%$^@£%$

the whole conversation made me feel like she just wanted to get off the phone with me and really couldnt care. just made me mad all around