Buying with gleesons! Hellllpppppp!! :(

Hi all, very new to this so just hit me up if I'm doing it wrong in any way!

Basically myself and my partner are looking at buying our first home and I have fallen in absolute love with a new build property by Gleesons Homes on their parsons green development site.

Long story short I am head over heels at all the 3 bed properties they have for sale and havent found any other homes I like as much as the Gleesons ones.

But I have read an abundance of bad reviews on thier facebook page :( saying that after the money is handed over they never respond to you, any damages or wear and tear in the house that Isnt the home owners fault again Gleesons ignore you, their rude, parking is horrific etc etc.

I just wanted some advice from first time buyers or people who have themseleves bought through Gleesons Homes.

I don't know what to do :(

THANKS IN ADVANCED

B x

:love::hihi:

TBH I think this is a problem with many new builds. Bought a new build in chapeltown a few years ago and was told WE had to present them with a 'snagging list'. What does your average person know about building to qualify them to draw up a 'snagging list'? With help, I put together a long list of about 40 or so snags, the builders said they would be rectified within six months. The reality was they fixed about 10 and argued over the rest.....I'd actually sold the property 15months later with most of the issues unresolved. Others on the same estate had similar experiences too. I guess 'buyer beware' speaks volumes

Hi all, very new to this so just hit me up if I'm doing it wrong in any way!

Basically myself and my partner are looking at buying our first home and I have fallen in absolute love with a new build property by Gleesons Homes on their parsons green development site.

Long story short I am head over heels at all the 3 bed properties they have for sale and havent found any other homes I like as much as the Gleesons ones.

But I have read an abundance of bad reviews on thier facebook page :( saying that after the money is handed over they never respond to you, any damages or wear and tear in the house that Isnt the home owners fault again Gleesons ignore you, their rude, parking is horrific etc etc.

I just wanted some advice from first time buyers or people who have themseleves bought through Gleesons Homes.

I don't know what to do :(

THANKS IN ADVANCED

B x

:love::hihi:

Try knocking on a few doors at Parsons Green see what others who have bought the houses have to say

What put me off was size and price compared to buying a an ex-council house. We looked at the 3 beds the biggest they did/do was 135k ish and it is tiny compared to my ex-council house which I paid 93k for. My house also has a larger garden and more space for parking. We live not far from the Parsons Green estate.

In regards to parking the problem with new build estates tends to arise as there is normally only room to park two cars if one is parked in the garage and a lot don't won't to park the if car in the garage especially if their partner will block them in by parking on the drive. Combine this with the roads tending to be narrower and parking can become an issue. Have you taken a walk around to see what the parking is like? I have walked through and it doesn't seem too bad but don't take my word for it.

Another thing to consider is how long do you plan on living there? If only a couple of years I wouldn't bother as when you come to sell it chances are they will still be building new homes and most buyers will buy one straight off the shelf so to speak rather than one that's been lived in for a couple of years.

We bought a new build apartment from Gleesons in 2008 and found them very good both from quality and service point of view.

Parking is what it is so just check out the site (or plans if the house you want is still on paper) and make sure it suits you. Some modern estates are better than the council estates for having drives for a couple of cars with each house but often don't have much room for on road parking for visitors.

Try knocking on a few doors at Parsons Green see what others who have bought the houses have to say

Yes cant add a deal to that only to say Gleesons is a major player in the market and you should be okay with after sales. Parking may not seem a problem now but buyers always make it one if you decide to move in the future. Just remember the golden rule location / location / location.