Football League Show Channel 5

I'm surprised that no ones started a thread about this car crash of a show that is supposed to provide highlights and insight into Saturday's Football League matches.

I'd be interested in other people's opinions but to me it was an awful , uncoordinated mish mash performed in front of a studio audience that looked lost and bewildered as if they'd been dragged in off the street.

Come back Manish, all is forgiven.

It was 'Keith Chegwin naked' bad, that's how bad it was (Google that one carefully if you don't get the reference). The second the two presenters emerged onto the set to the braying of Top Gear's reject audience I knew it was going to be a long hour and a half. They were trying to make it into Soccer AM when all people want is football highlights and minimal chat.

I didn't actually watch much of it, I had it on in the background and flipped over to it whenever they got around to showing some highlight. I spent most of that show on Twitter laughing my head off at the abuse it was getting from football fans. They got particularly inventive about the time the show revealed the 1970s-esqe plywood revolving league tables.

About the only good thing about it is that you don't have to stay up half the night to watch it.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

For me their was nothing wrong with the BBC highlights programme. Exactly the right format but on at stupid o'clock.

There seems to be some perception that unless you support a PL team, and in particular the top 6 who are the medias darlings, you're some sort of cretin that has to be ignored or patronised.

To be jumping about the divisions, as they did, made it unwatchable. It actually made your brain hurt. I watched the first 10 mins then recorded the rest it was so painful. I've watched it since in the hope that I was being a bit knee jerk and that it actually wasn't that bad but unfortunately it was and is.

They need to ditch the studio audience and revert to a recognisable format. They were on a winner with showing it at 9pm but people don't want a cross between Soccer AM and Tiswas they just want to see the goals and a bit of analysis.

I understand it's been universally panned so let's hope they've got the message

For me their was nothing wrong with the BBC highlights programme..

No it was great. Sadly they were outbid for the right to show highlights by C5.

To be honest, given how Government ministers have been talking about how the BBC shouldn't compete with commercial stations, I'm wondering how long it will be before Match of the Day disappears too.

It was dreadful. How can they get cricket right and then get football completely wrong?

Three things I loved:

Starting before MotD

Starting with SWFCs win

Followed by SUFCs drubbing ;)

It'll just end up like the BBCs show. Just like ITV had loads of new ideas for the Premiership but it ended up going back to basics.

It was dreadful, music all the way through the talks? Why?

To the OP who asked why no one had started a thread... I did look for one, but didn't start one.

I thought it might grow on me. I'll just record it and fast forward through all the crap.

It was awful.

MOTD works well because that's what people want. Show some highlights followed by an ex-player or two discussing the game.

There's no need for a live audience. There's also no need for any social media input.

Just get on with showing people the highlights and the goals.

It was awful.

MOTD works well because that's what people want. Show some highlights followed by an ex-player or two discussing the game.

There's no need for a live audience. There's also no need for any social media input.

Just get on with showing people the highlights and the goals.

I think it's designed for 10-14 year olds. That what it seemed like.

agree poor effort ch5

why did the bbc stop doing football league show ?

Bit disappointed that it didn't have a bit of a build up for the first match on, (being an owl fan). Quick scan of the ground, the fans getting excited and players coming out from the cameramen.

Boo! Bit amateurish.