Scariest film you've ever seen.

The films today have far better special effects than the old X films I know but a film I never saw at the time and only heard about as a kid back in the 40s gave me more nightmares than anything I've ever seen since...

Peter Lorre in the Beast with five fingers.

Just thinking about it still gives me the creeps.. :help:

Edited by grinder

i saw the exorcist at a midnight showing back in the 80s, and had to walk back to city road, quite scary :P

Same with Hellraiser 1 and 2

For it's time 'Psycho'. The shower scene coupled with the soundtrack, genius.

Hi melthebell and grinder - The two scariest movies I ever saw were 'The Exorcist' and 'Rosemary's Baby'.

---------- Post added 20-05-2015 at 11:00 ----------

Hi Texas - Sorry, I didn't mean to leave you out but you beat me to the punch in replying

Hi melthebell and grinder - The two scariest movies I ever saw were 'The Exorcist' and 'Rosemary's Baby'.

---------- Post added 20-05-2015 at 11:00 ----------

Hi Texas - Sorry, I didn't mean to leave you out but you beat me to the punch in replying

heh thatll be age mate slowing you down :P

mind u texas is quite an owd un too, must still be sprightly tho to get in there first :P

Guest makapaka

What was the one with Donal Sutherland where his little girl dies and he ends up following a small person in a red coat thinking it's her but it's a dwarf that knifes him?

Just writing this is remindinge of the dwarfs face and giving me the creeps.

Don't look now...

for me - the exorcist, had a proper fright whilst watching it some years ago, was in the living room with the wife, and only one child back then who was upstairs asleep

heard a massive bang from upstairs at one of the more nasty moments in the film, went to foot of stairs & popped light on, the bulb blew tripping all the lights!!! complete darkness, exorcist still in my head & I had to get upstairs to check child was ok

proper scary

Guest makapaka
Don't look now...

for me - the exorcist, had a proper fright whilst watching it some years ago, was in the living room with the wife, and only one child back then who was upstairs asleep

heard a massive bang from upstairs at one of the more nasty moments in the film, went to foot of stairs & popped light on, the bulb blew tripping all the lights!!! complete darkness, exorcist still in my head & I had to get upstairs to check child was ok

proper scary

That's it - scary. It's amazing how films get in your head.

My mum went into labour with me during Carrie - she is adamant it was the film that set her labour off!

I've tried moving things with my mind but it won't work ??

The original Evil Dead, when I was about 12, and had to walk home from my mate's afterwards, through a pitch black village.

Bud A and Lou Costelo in hold that ghost was pretty scary :for 7yr old} lol

The original Edgar Allan Poe film with Vincent Price: The Pit and the Pendulum and The House Of Usher.

The only film that really disturbed me was The Premature Burial with Ray Milland