Cams near J35 how do this type work?

Travelling north bound on the M1, just as you leave the 2 lane section from the viaduct and enter the 3 lane section, there are what looks like “average speed cameras”.

As I approached these (first lot of cams) a kind of alarm or buzzer sounded, to my right side near the central reservation. I had the window down a bit, was in the outside lane and was exceeding 70mph while overtaking traffic travelling at maybe 60.

I thought these cams only clock the average speed between two points? Are there some cams that look like ASC`s but actually work like a static cam?

these cams are not on yet

Thanks.

I shall be more cautious next time. Lesson learnt without the need for penalty.

these cams are not on yet

They're obviously gearing up for more roadworks...

Won't it be part of the whole managed motorway stuff thats going on between Nottingham and Leeds??

Won't it be part of the whole managed motorway stuff thats going on between Nottingham and Leeds??

Is the M1 north of Tinsley going to be part of this? Where's all the work to make the hard shoulder a running lane?

Yea maybe not, it's not like really busy.

It all becomes one big blur after driving through it all so many times, had forgot there's patches where they aren't working.

Yea maybe not, it's not like really busy.

It all becomes one big blur after driving through it all so many times, had forgot there's patches where they aren't working.

I know what you mean..they may as well join the roadworks up at Wakefield with the ones around Chesterfield/Sheffield..

Then at least they could all sit in the same portakabin while they doss off work :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I swear everytime you see one guy doing some work, you see three others standing there watching him do it :huh::huh::huh::huh:

Travelling north bound on the M1, just as you leave the 2 lane section from the viaduct and enter the 3 lane section, there are what looks like “average speed cameras”.

As I approached these (first lot of cams) a kind of alarm or buzzer sounded, to my right side near the central reservation. I had the window down a bit, was in the outside lane and was exceeding 70mph while overtaking traffic travelling at maybe 60.

I thought these cams only clock the average speed between two points? Are there some cams that look like ASC`s but actually work like a static cam?

You can't be that astute a driver as I drove up here yesterday and each of the cameras there has a yellow sign under it saying "CAMERA NOT IN USE"

He said he was in the outside lane, when I went up there today the sign was only on the left actually on the post of the camera near the floor so probably couldn't see it while overtaking.