When can you claim property?

I have noticed a number of shopping trollies abandoned and reported them. How how must I wait before I weigh them in for scrap, would they take them at the scrap yard?

Is there some sort of reward for shopping trolley return, for cleaning up the local area?

I guess this question would apply to any property.

Which supermarkets are they from??

I can't imagine they'd even be worth the trip to the metal yard, weigh so little you just wouldn't get anything for them.

Report them to the Environment Agency. You should have evidence of when you informed the shop.

Depends..

There's the 'Finders, Keepers Act' of time began or the Unclaimed Property Act 1999.

Edited by Chelle-82

There's the 'Finders, Keepers Act' of time began

I tried to apply that act last nite on the last Jaffa Cake.

Turns out it's open to interpretation :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Turns out it's open to interpretation :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Haha :hihi:

Which supermarkets are they from??

I can't imagine they'd even be worth the trip to the metal yard, weigh so little you just wouldn't get anything for them.

Home Bargains, my thoughts are more towards getting rid of the eyesore, and I have some things to weigh in anyway.

Still no reply from the email, and the trolley is still there, its an eyesore, the store should be held responsible.

I have noticed a number of shopping trollies abandoned and reported them. How how must I wait before I weigh them in for scrap, would they take them at the scrap yard?

Is there some sort of reward for shopping trolley return, for cleaning up the local area?

I guess this question would apply to any property.

You could probably make a bit more than scrap if you turned it upside down and placed an 'for sale' ad in a Parson Cross newsagent's window, advertising it as a state-of-the-art rabbit hutch with four miniature Sky dishes. :thumbsup:

Turns out it's open to interpretation

And are they cakes or biscuits, too? VAT law is unsure!

I came across another trolley(Sainsburys) today whilst walking the dog, I could give up my day job at this rate ;)