An evening of Roy Orbison songs.

On BBC 4 tonight they paid great tribute to Roy Orbison,showing old concerts and interviewing famous music artists paying him compliments.I'm glad i saw it.

"Pretty Woman" was a great song.

On BBC 4 tonight they paid great tribute to Roy Orbison,showing old concerts and interviewing famous music artists paying him compliments.I'm glad i saw it.

"Pretty Woman" was a great song.

Sorry I missed it Janie, I was nodding off for England. I've just answered another of your post's with basically the same answer's. I hope on the tribute they played Crawlin' Back a favourite, and you can't have a Roy Orbison tribute without It's Over.

Sorry I missed it Janie, I was nodding off for England. I've just answered another of your post's with basically the same answer's. I hope on the tribute they played Crawlin' Back a favourite, and you can't have a Roy Orbison tribute without It's Over.

Yes they played that and loads more,they're were different programmes on throughout the evening.

The final one were different people talking about him,and saying what a lovely man he was,and it mentioned about the personal tragedies in his life, like his wife getting killed in a car crash,and two of his sons dying in a house fire when Roy was touring over here.

They're are many good songs but two that spring to mind now are "Crying" and "Only the Lonely"

Several famous faces in the background to be found here.

One of my all time favourite singers. A guy who sung with the emotion of a life of turmoil and heartbreak.

I love the story of the Traveling Wilburys whereby the likes of Jeff Lynne and Tom Petty cannot believe The Big O is in their band. George Harrison, no less, was truly excited about Roy being in HIS band! His track on the Wilburys' first album, Not Alone Anymore is beautiful.

Check out Mystery Girl, Orbison's post-humous album released in 1989. It's a work of art and a sad testament that there was so much more to come from the great guy. Sadly, as we know, he died in December '88 aged 52.

He sung the songs in a way like no other. He meant every word because he had experienced so much of what he was singing about.

"When we were dreaming heart to heart, I wish that we had stayed right there."

Timeless. Classic. Beautiful. Unsurpassed.

Glad I didn't miss it.Brilliant concert.Costello & Springsteen looked in awe of the Big O.Hard to believe he went at 52.

It was a very entertaining couple of hours, his singing and song-writing talent was just superb.

Great stuff. To me this is pop music at its best. Very sad that the died so young.

Roy Orbison was one of the greatest singer/songwriters of his time and this show was a lovely way for the next generation of artist to show him just how much his work was loved and admired; it was especially pleasing that some of my very favourite singers Jackson Browne :love::love:, Bonnie Raitt and J.D.Souther where included.

Loved Roy Orbison even though he was a little before my time. Mr G really liked him and used to listen to him lots while driving . His favourite was It's Over , he thought it was the most poignant song ever. I started to listen to him after we saw The Roy Orbison story at the Lyceum and fell in love with him too. One of my favourites is Wild Hearts Run Out of Time, one of his later songs . I first heard it the day after we were told Mr G was seriously ill and it seemed to sum up what we were going through.

Only one problem .... We can't Listen to Cryin without thinking about Del Boys unfortunate mate with the speech impediment Lol

The Roy Orbison and Friends part of the evening was fantastic,quality musicians with a real feel for the music they were playing and with great respect for each other and not trying to out-do each other.

Is it going to be repeated so I can record it or can you buy a CD of it?

The Woody Guthrie documentry after it was also great.