Best Rock Bands Ever.

The Who and Cream stand out the most followed by the Stones.

Ive seen a lot of bands over the years, would love to do a Glastonbury, but in my state of health it would kill me. I saw John Fogarty from Creedance Clearwater do his stint at Glastonbury [on TV] and he was awesome.

Putting bloody crappy Beyonce on stage at Glastonbury was a travesty. They may as well put all the XFactor garbage on as well...........Is nothing sacred ????

Brian jonestown massacre deserves a mention for their diversity and anton's musical genius. Even though he is a complete loon

No mention of the Jimi Hendrix Experience yet ?!?!?!

Being a good rock band is about songs that get your heart beating faster & great atmosphere at shows. UFO were a good band & shaped a lot of later bands. To call any band that had a Schenker in it "12 bar gonads" is simply inaccurate. I'll keep my personal opinion of the comment to myself!

Not taking anything away from Michael Schenker ("Force It" was some album), but, being a hippy trippy kind of blob, I preferred the UFO of Mick Bolton (UFO1 and 2).

Yep, I forgot these. I wasn't lucky enough to see 'em live.

Top band !!!!!:)

Rush!

Indeed Sir!

Not everyones cup of tea I suppose but from a musicians point of view, an awesome band.

I took the kids to see them at Sheffield Arena and it certainly inspired them.

They were all learning Rush songs on their instruments the day after! :hihi:

I bet the Bailey Street 7 could do a good version of "The Spirit of Radio" with a bit of coaching! ;-)

Edited by Bass Man
typo

I will be shot down in flames for saying this but Hendrix, amazing guitarist that he was, just sounded like noise to me.

A racket, a din. An assault on the ears.

I like the occasional ear assault. Some of the early, live, Velvet Underground stuff is terrific in that sense.