Not enough rain down South.

As it occurred to them that the lack of rain isn’t the problem and that the problem is to many people sharing the available rain.

What amused me was the comment, 'If there is not enough rain this Winter, then we may end up with a drought in the Spring'

They paid people to come up with this conclusion.

I gladly pay my water rates for such insightful surveys as this.

What amused me was the comment, 'If there is not enough rain this Winter, then we may end up with a drought in the Spring'

They paid people to come up with this conclusion.

I gladly pay my water rates for such insightful surveys as this.

Yep they make us look smart. :D

As it occurred to them that the lack of rain isn’t the problem and that the problem is to many people sharing the available rain.

Surely a lack of rain is the stem of the problem. Too many people are sharing the available rain still brings you back to the conclusion of too little rain.. no?:huh:

Guest sibon

We should sell them some of ours.

The South East has loads of cash and little water. We have the opposite.

Surely a lack of rain is the stem of the problem. Too many people are sharing the available rain still brings you back to the conclusion of too little rain.. no?:huh:

We can't make it rain more but we can keep the population at a level that won't use all the rain.

We should sell them some of ours.

The South East has loads of cash and little water. We have the opposite.

We could, I remember a few years ago seeing a program about the posibility of a water pipeline running from the Lake District to the south, I don’t know if it was ever done. I would imagine it would be too expensive.

Edited by MrSmith