Disney's Fantasia

yeah i used to love fantasia back in the late 80s...........your link dint work by the way Oo

i just get about:blank

Link works for me.

I love Fantasia. Such a wonderful meld of music and animation. The Rite of Spring and The Pastoral Symphony elements are my favourite, with Night on Bare Mountain a close third place.

Fantasia 2000 which followed decades after the first didn't quite achieve the same wonder and magic of the first one - I think it seemed a little too 'constructed' and planned, whereas the first felt like the animators were just given freedom to express the music through image.

ETA: Just seen that the 2 films are due a BluRay release this December. Shall be purchasing them I think.

Edited by Beakerzoid

He's just trying to get me into trouble;)

I always hated Fantasia as a kid, for some reason.

Much better than the gun trotting flicks and adult material we are bombarded on daily basis.

There was another film based on the same idea (I suppose there are several actually), but in a more modern style. I remember one cartoon music sequence being based around a discarded can of cola and another live action scene where the conductor receives a phone call telling him Walt Prisney had done this all years earlier.

Anyone got any ideas what that film is called?

Amazing what a bit of detective work can turn up. It is called Allegro Non Troppo.

Edited by Steptoad
Updates

I used to love Fantasia but now can't watch it without thinking of fruit and nut chocolate.