Music has been hijacked by fat cat business men!!

Slightly off-topic.

If it really is a Eurovision Song Contest then couldn't it be broadcast over the radio?

What price the FX then?

No one holds a gun against these peoples heads and forces them to buy the record. In fact the last number one record that came about from people being told to buy it was probably Rage Against the Machine at Christmas.

If Simon Cowell could hold a gun to peoples heads he would!

It's not always about the music though is it?? How do you explain Jedward?? They can't sing, dance or write songs. But they sold millions of copies of ice ice baby.......Which was a shocking song to start with!

It's like a collective consciousness of the public, so many people are looking to jump on the next band wagon.

Do your homework pal! Ofcause they were!
Just so i'm clear do you like them or not?

If you think music has been hijacked by fat cat business men, then why not try something different from the mainstream, such as the great comic dance-pop of up and coming Sheffield combo That's Never A Real Horse?

If you'd like to hear some of their toe-tapping melodies, why not visit http://www.myspace.com/thatsneverarealhorse55 to find out more?? ;)

Just so i'm clear do you like them or not?

I love them!

What is happening to our beautiful music industry? Every time I turn the radio on all I ever here is over produced synthetic pop songs with manufactured vocals, performed by pretty boys or women who have to dance around in their underwear in order to sell records!

I don't know how people like Simon Cowell sleep at night knowing what they are doing to the industry! Musicians should be left to write and perform their own music! Music is an art after all, so why keep painting the same picture??:rant:

Try googling "tin pan alley".

I love them!
Fair enough, but they are a manufactured pop band which is what you're protesting about.

Thing is the music industry has always been or ends up being run by industry. Who do what industry do best which is make make it safe and boring. there is only one exception to the rule and that is Northern Soul

I agree that Simon Cowell and his ilk have definitely hijacked the music industry, or raped it as I prefer to say! It doesn't particularly bother me though cos there are still loads of great, fresh and original bands around if you care to look. If not, just listen to the old stuff, there's enough great music that's been recorded over the last 50 years to last anybody a lifetime!

The truth is we have been dumbed down as a nation . After weeks of sitting through the worst of UK talent anyone that can hold a note seems brilliant . A TV Music Star is born . (green in the music business and easy to control just what record companies want ) But compared to real stars they are mediocre holiday camp singers . But the General puplic are not gonna notice because real singers have slowly been removed from the Air waves . Why do you think Stars that years ago were considered Lame and Average are now Praised and given awards . Robbie Williams and Kylie have they suddenly become better singers .........erm No . Its just the influx of mediocre X Factor and American over produced R&B and Rap make them sound half decent .

But unless you are allowed to promote your single on one of Simon cowells shows or be lucky enough to get on the Radio 1 play list Real Artists are not gonna get in the charts.

So its X Factor and American record companies that control the charts .

If you think music has been hijacked by fat cat business men, then why not try something different from the mainstream, such as the great comic dance-pop of up and coming Sheffield combo That's Never A Real Horse?

If you'd like to hear some of their toe-tapping melodies, why not visit http://www.myspace.com/thatsneverarealhorse55 to find out more?? ;)

Yes, much better than that bunch of Frenchies with their Ce n'est jamais un vrai Cheval.

Heres a reason why we shouldnt just let manufactured pretty boys and girls in the charts.

1)

Not an attractive man, but a belter of a record.

2)

ohh my word, what an awful crock of poo.

To be fair, you are hardly using recent examples.

We have always been told what to listen to! Read my previous post for Cowells monopoly on purchased music. It's just now it's the internet, Heat magazine and Britains got talent instead of TOTP, The Old grey whistle test , Smash Hits and Sounds magazine.

People don't want to pay for it anymore, they expect it on demand and free. I use spotify loads, just turn it on and it's there. For a few pounds extra i can have what i want. I've purchased enough to last me a lifetime and now it's only if i really like something i'll go buy it otherwise i save my money and see the band live instead.

Sales mean diddly squat to most bands these days apart from it pays royalties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_Singles_Chart

This means stuff hangs around too long, gets to number 1 without any merit and is just pants in the main that gets in the charts.

Give me the days when 'Going underground' getting to number 1 actually meant something.

Yes, much better than that bunch of Frenchies with their Ce n'est jamais un vrai Cheval.

Bloody foreign tribute bands, eh???!!!