Eurovision - Should the UK stop entering?

For an interesting perspective on Eurovision, Look up the Band 'Georgia Wonder', and their Eurovision experience. It basically tells how they were invited to take part as an act, but then the powers that be attempted to control what they did, and give them a song that wasn't one of theirs to sing for it. I think it shows that we should definitely stay in the Eurovision, but we need to be more experimental. Just do whatever, treat it as a chance to show off some unusual musical talent that resides in the UK!

Is it time for a cultural reassesment of the career of Pete Waterman?

Is it time for a cultural reassesment of the career of Pete Waterman?

he plays with choo choo trains leave him to it

i have no idea what relevance this competition has now ?

i have no idea what relevance this competition has now ?

It never was relevant, at least to us. It was only invented as a vehicle to show off the zingy new (at the time) live broadcast link ups across the continent. Using a song competition meant the language barrier didn't matter so much (hence the popularity of la-la ding dong boom bang nonsense lyrics). It still has the feel of an international get together which even people who hate it get something out of, even if it's just feeling a buzz of righteous outrage. Many countries take it very seriously to help the profile of their country and their music acts, but the UK and its music have been successful internationally in their own right so for us it's always been more of a curiosity than an attempt to impress.

Edited by purdyamos

I've not watched this for ages