How do i become a taxi driver?

if your car has to be under 3 years old then why are there so many old cars running around as taxis?

i saw a y reg corrolla in rotherham

Rotherham have slacker regs compared to sheffield, car has to be less than 3 years old when INITIALLY plated but can stay plated til 9 yrs old (check if this has changed).

Ferret face is correct too. I worked 6 yrs on nights and only really got 2/3 bits of grief from punters but you have to avoid confrontation and go with the flow a little. If you worry about the potential aggro then you would not do the job in the first place, you really have to turn the other cheek at times and just move onto the next job. At the end of the day even the most obnoxious punter is only in your car for about 15/20 minutes.....grin and bear it....get them to where they want without fuss, take your payment and move on. REALLY aggressive customers are few and far between and most are just showing off to their friends so a little banter with them will calm them down and avoid unwanted confrontation. Actual violence to cabbies does happen but this is even rarer and I always think a drivers attitude can avoid this and a lot of attacks actually stem from cabbies attempting to over-charge, go the long way around or just choosing to argue with a punter etc, etc.

But dont let this put you all off, Steve:)