Why do SIV pools no longer have a list of alterations on the websites?

In years gone by all the Sheffield pools (particularly Ponds Forge, which most frequently has lane swimming alterations) had a page which you could easily find / bookmark with all the swimming alterations. However, several years ago they changed the website* and it disappeared. Instead they've now got an "interactive" page where you have to select the pool you`re interested in then each individual day one by one ! It must be remembered that regular users don`t want top know when the pool is open, they just want to know when it`s shut, a subtle but significant difference.

No longer can you print off the page (and stick it on your fridge ! ) to make sure you don`t make a wasted journey, which we`ve done more than once, and very annoying and frustrating it is.

Progress ?

I don`t think so.

* I tell you something, the designer of the new SIV website knows sod all about websites, as in pages where information can be easily found and, if required, printed off. He or she has failed the first test of website design, it`s not about making it look flash, it`s about making it easy to use, which is generally the opposite..... And this is something I know quite a bit about, see link on my signature.

Edited by Justin Smith

Agree SIV website is a nightmare too navigate.