Where to live in Sheffield? Young family moving from overseas

DerbyTup, I like the way you think. The list in my original message was ordered by priority and you'll see that it matches closely with how you've put them. We still have some time before our daughter starts school. That gives us some time to get a feel of the city.

bertyboop, thatnks for the info. I did see a couple of houses in Intake, but didn't quite like them. The area is nice though.

What we (specially the wife) realized after viewing some houses was how the rooms are smaller than what we're used to, and in many cases the ceilings are lower too. So adding that to the list of considerations, we finally found a place in Handsworth in the (recent?) estate opposite Aldi/McDonald's that we liked. Just moved in a couple of days ago, and we're looking forward to experiencing Sheffield :)

Handsworth is full keep away :|

Sorry, Hi. :)

Edited by umar_m

Hi there! We eventually moved to Handsworth, near the big Asda. Most amenities are close by. Supermarkets (Asda, Aldi, Morrisons), doctor, nurseries and a community park are all walking distance. And it's about 10-15 minutes by car to both meadowhall and crystal peaks, as well as the city center.