Beware of Mandale House, Bailey Street

If you are thinking of buying or renting an apartment in Mandale House, Bailey Street - think again!!!

If you want to know the details let me know, I live there

Hi

I understand you posted a while back but I would appreciate you feedback regarding Mandale house

Hi,

Mandale has good points and bad points. Good points are that it is near the town centre and has undercroft parking, and the apartments I have seen inside are quite spacious compared to many others I have looked at.

The bad points all relate to the management of the building:

The management company are very lax and pay little attention to dealing with things. Lifts break down all the time and remain broken for days/weeks. Its also impossinmble to get hold of anybody to report things to/get things fixed. In fact they refuse to talk to tenants at all - only owner occupiers.

walls get kicked in by less desirables and are just left unrepaired

despite a complete ban, some tenants have dogs and very little is done about it

car park gate is broken at the moment - already a week and will probably be weeks before its fixed

some tenants just dump bags of rubbish anywhere and nothing is done about it

Having looked round a lot of apartments blocks I would say Mandale is middel of the road

Hi,

Mandale has good points and bad points. Good points are that it is near the town centre and has undercroft parking, and the apartments I have seen inside are quite spacious compared to many others I have looked at.

The bad points all relate to the management of the building:

The management company are very lax and pay little attention to dealing with things. Lifts break down all the time and remain broken for days/weeks. Its also impossinmble to get hold of anybody to report things to/get things fixed. In fact they refuse to talk to tenants at all - only owner occupiers.

walls get kicked in by less desirables and are just left unrepaired

despite a complete ban, some tenants have dogs and very little is done about it

car park gate is broken at the moment - already a week and will probably be weeks before its fixed

some tenants just dump bags of rubbish anywhere and nothing is done about it

Having looked round a lot of apartments blocks I would say Mandale is middel of the road

Are you an owner occupier? Don't you have a vote for who the management company is? Where I live the residents recently voted to get rid of Mainstay (pricing reasons really, I thought they were fine).

If the management company is really that bad, get together with other residents and refuse payment of the service charge until things improve.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at a city centre apartment. Mandale was up at the top of the list due to it's locality to the centre of town. I appreciate your comments.

Steve

Hi. Does anyone have an up to date review of Mandale House please? Is it still poorly managed?