Solicitors you would recommend for conveyancing? Megathread NO QUOTES

We have used Assured Sales And Progression for our conveyancing. They start working at the point of putting the house up for sale and can get you 4 weeks ahead of the game.

Hi All

I have read all the post with interest, as i am in the process of buying a home using a conveyancer who is highly recommended in these post, i wonder if people could give me a bit of information about the procedure.

I first started with the conveyancer just before Christmas 16, i filled the information form in and took them back to the conveyancer's office around the 3-1-17 also i made a small payment by bacs, I have not been in touch with then since, having read that people have had phone calls emails etc from there conveyancer on a regular basis, i wonder if my situation is normal?

Thank you for any replies/traveler

Thank you Jeffrey, a very understandable run down of the whole procedure of buying a property, Thanks for replying.

I am still in the process of buying my council house. I guess I need a solicitor, I would guess that nothing much can go wrong.

So how much to pay for a solicitor, or conveyance?

i am still in the process of buying my council house. I guess i need a solicitor, i would guess that nothing much can go wrong.

So how much to pay for a solicitor, or conveyance?

£800 - £1000

£800 - £1000

I was thinking it might be cheaper than buying a house from another person?

---------- Post added 24-03-2017 at 13:29 ----------

£800 - £1000

This is what Google says - "How much conveyancing fees?

The UK average cost of residential conveyancing is “approaching £850” according to reallymoving.com. But that doesn't include the Land Registry Fee, Bank Transfer Fees, Disbursements, Search Fees and all other associated costs. From our research, the average price for all the other associated costs is around £450."

I have just been quoted £550 + VAT

£800 is the fee i am currently going to pay, thats including every thing, thats with a highly recommended company.

Try Coats solicitors in Mosborough. they are well recommended, they have served me well and currently still are.

I dont live in the area, so I have chosen one close to where I live. I am choosing an online Mortgage though. Probably with the Coventry BS.

I dont live in the area, so I have chosen one close to where I live. I am choosing an online Mortgage though. Probably with the Coventry BS.

For information for anybody els, your solicitor/conveyancer does all there work through the post, there is no physical contact at all with anybody.

The person that does have physical contact is the surveyor. hope this helps somebody.