Living at woodhouse mill

There is no immigrant problem at woodhouse mill and really dont know where this has come from. My parents brothers and family live there and my local is there so would know.

local?

theres only the princess royal, the working mens club, and the junction at the top

local?

theres only the princess royal, the working mens club, and the junction at the top

Working mens club has gone.

For my twopenneth:

I live up near the village, but most of my immediate family live down there, so I visit regularly.

No idea what your mate's on about with the immigrant 'problem'. There's no ethnic minority community there anyway, and you can't really 'pass through' Woodhouse without making massive detours... seems a lot of fuss to go through bins. So...

You don't say if you have kids or not, but there is a huge field down at the bottom with a new park. There's June field and a park near Brunswick school.

The only buses really from the Mill are 52 Stagecoach and 52a First, but the X5 goes along Retford Road, through Handsworth and down the parkway to the interchange. There's also a train station that takes you to town or Worksop/Lincoln in the other direction.

The Badger estate is fairly close by and used to have a bit of a name for itself, but it's nothing like it used to be.

For my twopenneth:

I live up near the village, but most of my immediate family live down there, so I visit regularly.

No idea what your mate's on about with the immigrant 'problem'. There's no ethnic minority community there anyway, and you can't really 'pass through' Woodhouse without making massive detours... seems a lot of fuss to go through bins. So...

You don't say if you have kids or not, but there is a huge field down at the bottom with a new park. There's June field and a park near Brunswick school.

The only buses really from the Mill are 52 Stagecoach and 52a First, but the X5 goes along Retford Road, through Handsworth and down the parkway to the interchange. There's also a train station that takes you to town or Worksop/Lincoln in the other direction.

The Badger estate is fairly close by and used to have a bit of a name for itself, but it's nothing like it used to be.

oh i knew that field well lol, we used to hang around on it, loads of punks, skins, metallers, trendies and psychobillies all glue sniffing and drinking lol, the Badgers prolly all changed since i lived on there :(

I've lived here nearly 6 years now, never had a problem apart from occasionally struggling to park near my house. I must like it as I usually get itchy feet and move every couple of years. I would say though that the smell, while occasional, can be pretty strong despite the so called improvements.

I've lived here nearly 6 years now, never had a problem apart from occasionally struggling to park near my house. I must like it as I usually get itchy feet and move every couple of years. I would say though that the smell, while occasional, can be pretty strong despite the so called improvements.

It puts hairs on your chest ! Lol

It can be strong but i lived on the orgreave estate most of my life so it really doesnt bother me but it used to be a lot worse and is really ocassional now.

Edited by Starlc

My grandparents live at the top end of Woodhouse Mill and there is no problem with sewerage smells, immigrants going through bins etc. It is a lovely road with probably the only 'downfall' is that she lives near the train station. However I think this is something that you get used to over time.

I think the houses going up for sale are due to elderly people who have lived there their whole married lives have had to sell for one reason or another.

I'd live at Woodhouse Mill for sure, I live near Handsworth Grange School now and I love it!

My grandparents live at the top end of Woodhouse Mill and there is no problem with sewerage smells, immigrants going through bins etc. It is a lovely road with probably the only 'downfall' is that she lives near the train station. However I think this is something that you get used to over time.

I think the houses going up for sale are due to elderly people who have lived there their whole married lives have had to sell for one reason or another.

I'd live at Woodhouse Mill for sure, I live near Handsworth Grange School now and I love it!

if i moved back to sheff id like to live on the coalbrook estate maybe, handsworth grange eh? it was Beaver Hill when i used to go there LOL