Is it nice in Loxley?

hi thinkin of movin up loxley can anyone tell me if this is a nice place to live

cheers

As a whole area, no. But as with all areas there are a few nice places.

As a whole area, no. But as with all areas there are a few nice places.

Cobblers. Loxley largely comprises of great houses in a great location. It has some problems with nuisance occasionally but nor anywhere near the levels some other areas experience.

I forgot to say in my post the local primary school has just been awarded outstanding in its recent Ofsted report - you can't get any better than that:)

I know I sound lke the Losley tourist board but some of the comments on here are just totally untrue & have really wound me up .

Cobblers. Loxley largely comprises of great houses in a great location. It has some problems with nuisance occasionally but nor anywhere near the levels some other areas experience.

Just my opinion of the area, when I have been through the area esp. at night there seems to be loads of groups of kids, and the whole area looks tatty. For the price of the hosues I personally would buy else where.

Just my opinion of the area, when I have been through the area esp. at night there seems to be loads of groups of kids, and the whole area looks tatty. For the price of the hosues I personally would buy else where.

Am not sure where you are referring to here? Loxley is a lovely area, The main routes through, Loxley road & Rodney Hill are full of lovely houses & are certainly not tatty at all. I have never seen loads of groups of kids & have lived here on & off for over 20 years. The Loxley you are referring to is not the one I know.

Several people have mentioned Philips road as a no go area. You wouldn't be just be going through Phillips road as it is a dead end. The few houses which were at the centre of the problems aren't even on a road - you would only really be on there if you were going to one of the houses.

As I said I live here & there are no groups of kids or gangs. I have no reason to lie about this - I just want to give the OP a true impression. I agree the area around does look a bit tatty - in my opinion mainly to do with the old garages - they need sorting out, as does the field which used to be the park. I think you would be hard pressed to get an area as nice as this for the price.

Iv'e grown up in Loxley and never had any problems, absolutley love it. Now live in Stannington but my family still live there, lovely walks, nice and quiet, brilliant school and lovely people.

And for the people who commented negative things, if you havn't lived there, how can you comment?!

Do the Thompsons still live at 12 Dunkerley road?

Me and my friends used to hang about the old bus shelter outside Loxley School.

God whats happened!!!!I grew up in Loxley (Leaton Close) it used to be lovely.

I read in a newspaper around 4 years ago that the post office in Loxley was robbed by gunmen but the owners has some sort of bull dog (enough said!) and it chased them and they retrieved the money.

I once went walking in Loxley with my father and there was chavs shouting abuse at us out of a car window as they drove past us. I would not feel safe in this area on my own at night time.