Giving up white bread for brown

If you eat white bread you will feel hungry soon after. Eating wholemeal will sustain you far longer.

Buy Kingsmill 50/50. Best of both worlds then,

If you eat white bread you will feel hungry soon after. Eating wholemeal will sustain you far longer.

Why would that be when white bread contains more calories and carbs?

I only eat wholemeal. White bread has an awful bland "paste" taste as far as I'm concerned.

It depends. High quality white bread is delicious.

It depends. High quality white bread is delicious.

I think what you mean is:

High quality bread is delicious :) Good, traditionally made, kneaded and proved bread, containing nothing but wheat flour, yeast, a little salt, a pinch of sugar in the yeast and some water, is a thing of beauty, whether white, wholemeal or seeded.

Sliced bread bought from a supermarket which has been mass produced and is full of soya flour and other additives is not what I call good bread.

I think what you mean is:

High quality bread is delicious :) Good, traditionally made, kneaded and proved bread, containing nothing but wheat flour, yeast, a little salt, a pinch of sugar in the yeast and some water, is a thing of beauty, whether white, wholemeal or seeded.

Sliced bread bought from a supermarket which has been mass produced and is full of soya flour and other additives is not what I call good bread.

Patronising as hell.

Not at all Nagel. Medusa is right.

Invite anyone to eat one slice of sliced packaged bread and one slice of properly baked bread and choose which is tastier.

It's years since I bought any Chorleywood produced sliced bread. I'd rather spend more on a quality loaf and economise elsewhere if need be.

Brown bread is not what you need - you need it to say wholemeal on the packet to be of any use - the benefit you will get is extra roughage in your diet.

Yes, its wholemeal you need, white and brown is just the same!

Ok, so I have just given up white bread for brown. No particular reason, just have always known its not too good for you but never done anything about it in the past.

What kind of benefits will I be likely to experience? Only changed 2 days ago and don't expect any immediate change.

I believe it is Wholemeal bread you should replace white bread with, brown bread has no more benefits to it than white.