Great news, Halal and Kosher to be banned by the Dutch

At last a country in the EU with some balls to ban these cruel methods of slaughter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15610142

I only hope the rest of the EU follows the Netherlands lead and bans both Kosher and Halal entirely.

Before the usual religious lots start shouting and threatening people, the ban is on animal welfare grounds and is nothing to do with religion. Personally, I think anyone who uses religion as an excuse to cause unnecessary suffering to animals should take a long, hard look at themselves.

The real reason is a pathological hatred of Moslems. Neither method is 'cruel, as wrongly alleged.

The real reason is a pathological hatred of Moslems. Neither method is 'cruel, as wrongly alleged.

exactly

if they REALLY cared about animals dieing cruelly, they wouldnt eat em full stop, instead they argue about the smallest details as tho it makes a jot of difference.

did we have these debates pre 9/11? no, its all purely the same anti muslim crap day in day out

There's no nice way of slaughtering an animal. Unfortunately. Non-religious methods are terrifying and stressful for animals too. There's basically no moral high ground to be taken here.

There's no nice way of slaughtering an animal. Unfortunately. Non-religious methods are terrifying and stressful for animals too. There's basically no moral high ground to be taken here.

no but theyll keep trying, just another avenue to use as muslim bashing bait

Unless you are somehow more qualified than the independent body setup by the last government and which is now part of DEFRA, your claims are utter tosh.

"Kosher and Halal meat is produced causes severe suffering to animals."

The Farm Animal Welfare Council (FAWC)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/2977086.stm

exactly

if they REALLY cared about animals dieing cruelly, they wouldnt eat em full stop, instead they argue about the smallest details as tho it makes a jot of difference.

did we have these debates pre 9/11? no, its all purely the same anti muslim crap day in day out

Utter rubbish. You can still be concerned about animal welfare if you eat meat. Your argument is utter farse. You can have humane methods of slaughter just like you can have inhumane methods. Striving for a better life for animals and the least inhumane death is not wrong and has nothing to do with religion.

I dont need a sky pixie to tell me how to kill an animal. I dont need a 3000 year old book to tell me how to live my life in a modern society and I certainly know suffering and what causes more suffering in any walk of life and wanting to eradicate it as best we can is not a sin nor is it an excuse to attack any religious group.

Its only allowed for religious reasons. Tell hell with it, why not bring back stoning too? Thats in all religious books.

If you accept unnecessary suffering to anything, be it human or animal just because some religion tells you its OK, you are a brain-dead moron without a true thought in your own head.

exactly

If this is to be believe its the Jews who have most to get upset about. Not muslims.

Those who proposed the ban say it is simply an issue of animal welfare, but it received strong support from the right-wing Freedom Party.

Many see it as a violation of their religious freedom, and among the Jewish community it is a worrying echo of a similar ban brought in by Hitler.

Personaly i think its a grand idea. No way is perfect but some are far more perfect than others.

exactly

Wake up and smell the coffee my friend.

exactly

nail on the head.

exactly

Nowts changed :hihi:

Honestly, there isn't a real humane way of slaughtering animals, and to be perfectly honest, I don't see why people make such a big deal out of killing them. It's nature. What about poor Zebras in the wild who die slowly by being ripped apart by a Tiger?

If you don't want to eat meat, fine, but don't slag off people who do.

I'm a pescetarian anyway.