Taking time of work during Euro 2016 - legal rights?

Anyone know what an employers legal duties are when it comes to the Euro 2016 football match?

If a match takes place mid week then fans will be drinking and so may not be able to get up for work the following day, likewise if your job involves driving then you could be over the legal limit for driving.

What is the legal responsibility of the employer because surely the employer can't expect you to deliver your parcels if you are over the legal drink drive limit?

ALso can I be expected to work if England are playing?

Surely if my employer didn't allow me to watch the game this would be discrimination and as such I could take the employer to court?

I assume that you ARE taking the <Removed>?

Anyone know what an employers legal duties are when it comes to the Euro 2016 football match?

If a match takes place mid week then fans will be drinking and so may not be able to get up for work the following day, likewise if your job involves driving then you could be over the legal limit for driving.

What is the legal responsibility of the employer because surely the employer can't expect you to deliver your parcels if you are over the legal drink drive limit?

ALso can I be expected to work if England are playing?

Surely if my employer didn't allow me to watch the game this would be discrimination and as such I could take the employer to court?

Edited by nikki-red

I assume that you ARE taking the <Removed>?

As he has never posted a non-trolling post on here before, I think that is a fairly accurate assumption.

In the past, my employers have brought a telly in for anyone who wanted to watch the matches live during the day, anyone who didn't could finish an hour early. This happened with the 2002 and 2010 world cups. I don't think there are any legal obligations to do this but I guess it stops people chucking sickies. As to the drinking side of it I think you're having a Turkish.

As he has never posted a non-trolling post on here before, I think that is a fairly accurate assumption.

Ah, thanks. Sorry, I'm not that regular a visitor so am unfamiliar with the, er, 'characters' on here.

S