300,000+ migrants..what the..

Just read the latest immigration figures released....

It's ridiculous, that's 300,000 people we've had to find shelter for!!

This week at work more redundancies were announced because works dropped off until new contracts start in September, which as I understand it we will then be working very hard to keep up with demand. The company I work for doesn't see the need to put workers on short time, why... Because labour is now so cheap they can simply get rid of you and then later take new staff from agencies. In the past 2yrs I've seen more British worker laid off whilst at the time more positions filled by qualified migrants, many of whom speak very little English.

Why can't the bosses take on young school leavers and train them up? Why are they pushed aside infavour of evermore migrant workers. The atmosphere at work is now nothing short of pure hatred towards these people.

School leavers are constantly encouraged to go on to college/university, get into ridiculous debt with taking higher education, the firms then all whinge that there is no one willing to take on the menial jobs. So they are then forced to use agency workers who have very little if any rights or prospects.

What a mess!! I'm beginning to view higher education as nothing other than a cash cow smokescreen.

I've never been racist in my life....ever! But I too am beginning to truly despise these migrant workers. The influx is just relentless!

This week at work more redundancies were announced because works dropped off until new contracts start in September, which as I understand it we will then be working very hard to keep up with demand. The company I work for doesn't see the need to put workers on short time, why... Because labour is now so cheap they can simply get rid of you and then later take new staff from agencies. In the past 2yrs I've seen more British worker laid off whilst at the time more positions filled by qualified migrants, many of whom speak very little English.

Why can't the bosses take on young school leavers and train them up? Why are they pushed aside infavour of evermore migrant workers. The atmosphere at work is now nothing short of pure hatred towards these people.

School leavers are constantly encouraged to go on to college/university, get into ridiculous debt with taking higher education, the firms then all whinge that there is no one willing to take on the menial jobs. So they are then forced to use agency workers who have very little if any rights or prospects.

What a mess!! I'm beginning to view higher education as nothing other than a cash cow smokescreen.

I've never been racist in my life....ever! But I too am beginning to truly despise these migrant workers. The influx is just relentless!

Have you ever been made redundant? You cannot just sack people and replace them with cheaper foreign labour. It is illegal.

Have you ever been made redundant? You cannot just sack people and replace them with cheaper foreign labour. It is illegal.

Fletchers bakery right here in Sheffo did it!

A few years ago, after the bakery was burnt down, the vulture capitalist pigs running the holding company replaced the long-standing experienced workers with dirt-cheap Eastern Europeans.

There is a thread or two on here. Sorry, can't search, am tapping away on capitalist ipig-phone

Do what? Sort of contradicted yourself there, sir. If you've a gripe with immigration policy or its application, it is certainly NOT the fault of those trying to make a better life for themselves.

We stay in it will be millions a year

330.000 that all? way people are whinging youd think it was 1000.000 lol

Fletchers bakery right here in Sheffo did it!

A few years ago, after the bakery was burnt down, the vulture capitalist pigs running the holding company replaced the long-standing experienced workers with dirt-cheap Eastern Europeans.

There is a thread or two on here. Sorry, can't search, am tapping away on capitalist ipig-phone

The redundancy process is a nightmare for employers, it is very difficult to get rid of people. Trouble is, people don't always bother to fight it or don't know how. But good advice can be sought quite easily. I'm not familiar with Fletcher's though, sorry. When it burnt down did it dissolve as a company and open as a new company? Not related to this thread so PM me if you think it's worth continuing discussing offline of this thread.

Another example to the one in the OP: Oil. Thousands and thousands redundant. When the price picks up they will rehire. The pool will be massive and they will pick the best to fill the vacancies.

It does seem to be a big problem which looks like it will only get worse if we remain in the EU.

Tonight on the BBC Lincolnshire News the death of Marina Erte has been reported in Boston and Gytis Griskevicius has been remanded in custody. They don't sound like traditional English names to me.

why is it cheaper labour? when you consider any old/foreign fool who cant speak the lingo can work in your job. it cant be a job thats paying much more then minimum wage

, Is it because they have better work moral then you?

Are they much harder working then you?

are they more reliable then you?

The employer must have a good reason to get rid of you for a guy that cant speak English. when you think it is not because of money what else can it be?

Edited by Michaeldyn

It does seem to be a big problem which looks like it will only get worse if we remain in the EU.

Tonight on the BBC Lincolnshire News the death of Marina Erte has been reported in Boston and Gytis Griskevicius has been remanded in custody. They don't sound like traditional English names to me.

Neither does Boris....or Farage.

Neither does Boris....or Farage.

but, Johnson and Nigel do.

but, Johnson and Nigel do.

Johnson sounds English? Ok...sounds Swedish to me. But then, Costello sounds Italian.

Anyway, I was being flippant. Your argument for Brexit because a Polish(?) person slaughtered another Polish person is no less appalling than if he'd killed a Brit.

Edited by Shef1985