Drug dealing - should you report it?

I was on my way home earlier towards Shalesmoor and pulled up on a back street to light a cigarette. I parked up and saw a homeless-looking man and a younger man exchanging something a few feet ahead of me. They both walked off in opposite directions, and the younger man kept looking back at me.

I had my cig and pulled away, then saw another two men exchanging something at the top of the very same road.

Are you supposed to report this? I have it on dashcam, but you can't see faces.

I'm guessing the police don't know drug dealing is happening in that area, or the police car I saw trying to catch speeders only a mile or so beforehand, would be there catching drug dealers instead... (cough-cough).

I was on my way home earlier towards Shalesmoor and pulled up on a back street to light a cigarette. I parked up and saw a homeless-looking man and a younger man exchanging something a few feet ahead of me. They both walked off in opposite directions, and the younger man kept looking back at me.

I had my cig and pulled away, then saw another two men exchanging something at the top of the very same road.

I'm guessing the police don't know drug dealing is happening in that area, or the police car I saw trying to catch speeders only a mile or so beforehand, would be there catching drug dealers instead... (cough-cough).

I doubt the police will be much interested. You could try.

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 00:50 ----------

A copper told me the force were turning a blind eye to minor drug incidences and targeting the big fish. Cuts and all that.

A copper told me the force were turning a blind eye to minor drug incidences and targeting the big fish. Cuts and all that.

That's funny 'cos my wife works for the force and the official line from them is,if its reported they investigate it.

That includes them walking the streets puffing it or driving around doing it.

It wasn't a company car that you were taking a drug in, was it? If so you are breaking the law. Should we all dob you in? :roll:

It's 2016 and you still smoke? Can't you smell the stench that disgusting habit produces?

That's funny 'cos my wife works for the force and the official line from them is,if its reported they investigate it.

That includes them walking the streets puffing it or driving around doing it.

I guess the official line and what branches say in private are two different things.

I was on my way home earlier towards Shalesmoor and pulled up on a back street to light a cigarette.

Your lucky you didn't get a knock on the window and a toothless crone asking for abit of change for some personal services . :hihi::hihi:

Your lucky you didn't get a knock on the window and a toothless crone asking for abit of change for some personal services . :hihi::hihi:

That happened to me once. After filling up the car I was approached by what I can only describe as the love child of Dot Branning and Mr Burns. She was polite and I felt a bit sorry for her so I slipped her a fiver for a coffee and wished her good evening then went on my merry way.

I guess the official line and what branches say in private are two different things.

My thoughts exactly.

I'd be more worried if the police didn't know where the drug dealing was going on.

Obviously the low level street dealing is being done very openly, it's not exactly hard to spot.

My thoughts exactly.

I'd be more worried if the police didn't know where the drug dealing was going on.

Obviously the low level street dealing is being done very openly, it's not exactly hard to spot.

It means more paperwork. Same bike theft. The police record it but don't always investigate.

No wonder you are coughing if you smoke in your car

Cobblers!..........