BHS file for administration

Administration is more to give it a breathing space. Hopefully they will just get rid of the biggest lossmakers and be bale to save it. poor staff. There was a time when Phillip Green had BHS going well, but its slipped back and seems to have a very big hole in its pension pot. Sad to see it close, considering they used to have that big shop in haymarket and one on the Moor?

This doesn't surprise me, I went into the Parkgate branch recently and it was empty of customers. They didn't have what I needed so I walked out without buying anything.

Administration is more to give it a breathing space. Hopefully they will just get rid of the biggest lossmakers and be bale to save it. poor staff. There was a time when Phillip Green had BHS going well, but its slipped back and seems to have a very big hole in its pension pot. Sad to see it close, considering they used to have that big shop in haymarket and one on the Moor?

The same Philip Green who belittled Stuart Rose for not selling him M&S and ended up selling BHS for £1.00

Not surprised. Their merchandise is rubbish.

Still, bad for the staff.

We should start a petition for government to step in and save bhs , like we are doing with steel jobs

We should start a petition for government to step in and save bhs , like we are doing with steel jobs

;) ;) ;)

We might need a steel industry when we got to war against our ex special friend America, but saving BHS is at the back of the queue in terms of strategic importance. :suspect:

Billionaire sells it for £1 lol. I would give the rest of his businesses a wide birth in the future. Selling all those peoples futures and pensions for £1

It seems it is rent that they can't afford and they are trying to sell stores to Sports Direct, who I guess will cherry pick the best ones in terms of price and location.

I can't see it ending well.

It seems it is rent that they can't afford and they are trying to sell stores to Sports Direct, who I guess will cherry pick the best ones in terms of price and location.

I thought they negotiated quite a few rent reductions i guess this is downsizing then. wont be surprised if they are cut in half. Poor staff.

The new owners knew what the rents were when they bought BHS. It wasn't much of a business plan to buy a struggling department chain and hope to get reduced rents in order to change their fortunes.

There isn't going to be an happy ending.

Sound like asset strippers bought it. Four directors took an £8m loan from the company shortly after 'buying' it. Now it's going into administration. There should be a law against that sort of business practice.