Britain is the most corrupt country in the world

Britain is the most corrupt country in the world, according to journalist Roberto Saviano, who spent more than a decade exposing the criminal dealings of the Italian Mafia.

Londons financial capital, 90% of the owners of capital in London have their headquarters offshore.

“Jersey and the Cayman’s are the access gates to criminal capital in Europe and the UK is the country that allows it."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/roberto-saviano-britain-corrupt-mafia-hay-festival-a7054851.html

Yes. It's the reason we have had 6 years of austerity. The rich simply don't pay their taxes.

Yes. It's the reason we have had 6 years of austerity. The rich simply don't pay their taxes.

seen to be a good thing by many on here :suspect:

seen to be a good thing by many on here :suspect:

Collect a few more taxes. Not hard.

I can count on one hand the amount of people I have asked 'in or out' that have said 'in'

The SF poll shows 291 to 128 in favour of leaving, surely that should tell you that the average consensus of opinion is to leave?

If SF were the average consensus we'd have a UKIP majority on SCC and still be living up trees.

---------- Post added 30-05-2016 at 15:08 ----------

It will become apparent how corrupt this country is when the government manipulate the Brexit vote to keep us in the EU

Getting out excuses in early, are we?

I don't live in Sheffield, but here in the west country the general feeling is 'leave' even amongst the farming communities. My concern is that many people are voting on an immigration issue only and not taking into account other factors.

On a personal note, I don't give a Monkeys what reason people have providing they vote to leave the corrupt EU.

Angel1.

My local MP, David Blunkett, resigned from cabinet because he had asked for one of his staff to have her Visa sped up.

I don't think so. Further, I think some newspapers have had to pay damages for making this allegation. It may be best to remove it.

See:

David Blunkett: correction

……..an inquiry into the matter undertaken by Sir Alan Budd established that Mr Blunkett was not involved in securing the visa at any stage.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/people/40491/david-blunkett-correction

I don't think so. Further, I think some newspapers have had to pay damages for making this allegation. It may be best to remove it.

See:

David Blunkett: correction

……..an inquiry into the matter undertaken by Sir Alan Budd established that Mr Blunkett was not involved in securing the visa at any stage.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/people/40491/david-blunkett-correction

Whether he was cleared or not it's the allegation that made him resign.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4057715.stm

I take your point and accept he was alleged to have had a visa sped up. Original post now updated.

I only use his case to emphasise the kind of things our MPs have resigned over the years compared to what goes on in Italy. I find it amusing that an Italian author considers Britain more corrupt.

Edited by Shef1985

Maybe you have more than the average number of fingers.

Most people have more that the average number of fingers. ;)

Difficult to find a more unscientific poll. Self selecting polls - like the one on SF are totally pointless

Well it's a poll of some 74,000 people scientific or not.