Your message here

Strange hyperlinks appearing everywhere

Home > General > Computer & Tech Chat

Reply To Topic

13-06-2012, 15:43   #1
taxman

Total Posts: 18,111
Send a message via MSN to taxman
Over the past few days I keep getting hyperlinks appearing everywhere, on BBC news pages, on Sheffield Forum posts and loads of other places.

If I click on it it opens a new page as "www.servads" before then redirecting to some page advertising PPI compensation/loan companies/crappy telephone deals etc etc

Is anyone else having this problem? And does anyone know how I can rectify it?

Thanks
_______
"I'm not arguing there are no decent people in the Tory Party...But they're like bits of sweetcorn in a turd" Iain Banks.

Discover your family tree
13-06-2012, 15:50   #2
RainbowAngel

Total Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman View Post
Over the past few days I keep getting hyperlinks appearing everywhere, on BBC news pages, on Sheffield Forum posts and loads of other places.

If I click on it it opens a new page as "www.servads" before then redirecting to some page advertising PPI compensation/loan companies/crappy telephone deals etc etc

Is anyone else having this problem? And does anyone know how I can rectify it?

Thanks
Im having the same thing. i dont think iv noticed it using IE but on Chrome its on just about any website i visit
13-06-2012, 15:54   #3
taxman

Total Posts: 18,111
Send a message via MSN to taxman
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowAngel View Post
Im having the same thing. i dont think iv noticed it using IE but on Chrome its on just about any website i visit
Check your installed programs. I just discovered something called yontoo had been installed by IE a few days ago. I've uninstalled it and it seems to have removed the problem
_______
"I'm not arguing there are no decent people in the Tory Party...But they're like bits of sweetcorn in a turd" Iain Banks.

Discover your family tree
13-06-2012, 16:08   #4
RainbowAngel

Total Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman View Post
Check your installed programs. I just discovered something called yontoo had been installed by IE a few days ago. I've uninstalled it and it seems to have removed the problem
i didnt find that but i had something called rivalgaming i uninstalled it as i dont know what it is and the uninstall page came up like a spam thing.
iv also recently been getting dodgy pages popping up every now and again for either a samsung survey, ppis and win an iphone. even though i checked all my settings and pop ups are blocked and anti virus etc is all working.
13-06-2012, 20:01   #5
Greengeek
Account Closed

Total Posts: 3,042
It's a system called TextEnhance. Clear your cookies, and remove any software you installed recently that was "Free".

Just saw that you fixed it
Reply To Topic