Are UKIP the new BNP?

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic

07-05-2012, 18:32   #121
Hots on

Total Posts: 2,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingjimmy View Post
Not at all, most people on the left identified them as the BNP-lite long ago before they ever had any success.

It's not a deliberate tactic to smear them, it's just honestly how we see them.
Dont be ridiculous, show me the UKIP policy where they want an all white Britain?

The left are frothing because Nigel Farage is a charasmatic guy that has appeal with some sections of the working class; he seems to get a round of applause every time he opens his mouth on Question time when he's on.
07-05-2012, 18:42   #122
Frank Sidney

Total Posts: 6,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hots on View Post
Dont be ridiculous, show me the UKIP policy where they want an all white Britain?

The left are frothing because Nigel Farage is a charasmatic guy that has appeal with some sections of the working class; he seems to get a round of applause every time he opens his mouth on Question time when he's on.
He's by far the best leader...
07-05-2012, 18:47   #123
Sidecut

Total Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj.scuba View Post
It's quite predictable, the better UKIP do, the more the left will try to characterise them as BNP wannabes.
So what's new. calling people racist, fascist is 'The Final Solution' for those who've nothing better to contribute.
07-05-2012, 19:59   #124
flamingjimmy

Total Posts: 10,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecut View Post
So what's new. calling people racist, fascist is 'The Final Solution' for those who've nothing better to contribute.
And by godwin's law, you have just lost the argument.

Comparing calling people racist with the holocaust, really?
_______
Dubium sapientiae initium
07-05-2012, 20:01   #125
flamingjimmy

Quote:
You show me where I said or implied anything of the sort and I'll be glad to. If not, then please compose a response that's actually relevant to what I said next time.
_______
07-05-2012, 20:48   #126
mj.scuba
Account Closed

Total Posts: 8,648
Quote:
You show me where I said or implied anything of the sort and I'll be glad to. If not, then please compose a response that's actually relevant to what I said next time.
You must have reasons for seeing UKIP as "BNP-lite", what are they?
07-05-2012, 20:51   #127
Halibut
Hooked

Total Posts: 28,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Sidney View Post
He's by far the best leader...
Hey Frank, you still haven't answered those questions - are you afraid of something?
Sponsored Links
07-05-2012, 20:59   #128
Patriot

Total Posts: 165
Right, to put an end to the arguments about UKIP-V-BNP policies please READ these;

http://www.ukip.org/content/ukip-policies

http://communications.bnp.org.uk/ge2010manifesto.pdf

If after reading them properly there are those among us who believe UKIP is the 'new' BNP my response can only be-You Can't Educate Pork.
07-05-2012, 21:08   #129
Ousetunes
Eboracum Glory!

Total Posts: 9,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
Hey Frank, you still haven't answered those questions - are you afraid of something?
You're like an itch that you can't get rid of!
_______
The Beatles in Mono. At last.
07-05-2012, 21:22   #130
flamingjimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj.scuba View Post
You must have reasons for seeing UKIP as "BNP-lite", what are they?
I think they are largely motivated by jingoism and xenophobia but just don't take it as far, and they don't seem particularly concerned about skin colour.

They have similar stances to the BNP on immigration, crime (apart from the BNP's support for the death penalty), they both oppose the scientific consensus on climate change, they both have similar stances on the teaching of history in Schools (what amounts to a revisionist jingoistic 'Britain is awesome' version of history ), they both want to repeal the human rights act, they both want to increase military spending, the list goes on and on.

If they don't want to be compared with the BNP then they shouldn't share so many policies with them.
_______
07-05-2012, 21:31   #131
Hots on

Quote:
You're notorious on this forum for very rarely answering direct questions that are put to you.
07-05-2012, 21:31   #132
asdf1234

Total Posts: 75
Quote:
I think they are largely motivated by jingoism and xenophobia but just don't take it as far, and they don't seem particularly concerned about skin colour.

They have similar stances to the BNP on immigration, crime (apart from the BNP's support for the death penalty), they both oppose the scientific consensus on climate change, they both have similar stances on the teaching of history in Schools (what amounts to a revisionist jingoistic 'Britain is awesome' version of history ), they both want to repeal the human rights act, they both want to increase military spending, the list goes on and on.

If they don't want to be compared with the BNP then they shouldn't share so many policies with them.
I hate liberalsI hate racists
07-05-2012, 21:37   #133
Hots on

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1234 View Post
I hate liberalsI hate racists
Liberal is a very misused word. In Britain it means freedom of the individual, you're not against that are you??
07-05-2012, 21:56   #134
asdf1234

Total Posts: 75
Quote:
Liberal is a very misused word. In Britain it means freedom of the individual, you're not against that are you??
I am all for that, however liberals are not, IMHO. Sorry.
07-05-2012, 22:15   #135
mj.scuba
Account Closed

Total Posts: 8,648
Quote:

I agree there are some similarities in some policy areas, but I don't think they're jingoistic or xenophobic, I find most of UKIP policy to be quite sensible.
07-05-2012, 22:24   #136
Frank Sidney

Total Posts: 6,829
Quote:

No not at all, I can't be bothered, there's no point you're beyond hope...
07-05-2012, 23:15   #137
Sidecut

Total Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut
Quote:
You're notorious on this forum for very rarely answering direct questions that are put to you.
Has Halibut ever contributed let alone answered any questions?
08-05-2012, 01:54   #138
not wanted

Total Posts: 2,004
Quote:

I remember when the BNP were not just a Green party but a hard Green party.
_______
This old world may never change
The way it's been
And all the ways of war
Can't change it back again
08-05-2012, 08:00   #139
retep

Total Posts: 6,190
Quote:

UKIP want to get rid of the Climate Change Act, it will cost the UK billions

Godfrey Bloom MEP, the UKIP Energy spokesman said, “The news has even filtered to Brussels that the UK’s energy policies are causing harm to our economy. If anything needs to be spiked it is the economically illiterate Climate Change Act, that is to a large degree the cause of this price rise.”

He went on, “It is bad enough that British business, particularly the SME sector is being hamstrung by a knot of regulatory red tape, but worse that the UK government wants to sacrifice them and the country’s prosperity on the altar of Climate Change.”
http://ukip.org/content/latest-news/...-fuel-bills-up

the Conservatives want to get rid of the Human Rights Act

Home Secretary: scrap the Human Rights Act
Theresa May, the Home Secretary, risks an explosive rift inside the Coalition with an explicit call for the scrapping of the Human Rights Act.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ights-Act.html

Where does that leave your argument?
_______
Death keeps no calendar or return tickets.
08-05-2012, 10:34   #140
Michael_W

Total Posts: 3,580
There is a trend on SF, in the media and in politics to apply spin and gain higher moral ground by besmirching the opinions and motives of others ..... it is a nazi style attempt to silence the voice of those who do not share their opinions, a sort of growing censorship that is against the very foundation of our freedom of speech !

"I don't like what you are saying so it should not be said"
Is that the true stance of those who litter the place with words like bigot, racist, fascist, xenophobic, homophobic, jingoism, nationalism ........
_______
DISBELIEVING THE HYPE AND KEEPING IT REAL ... IMHO !
Reply To Topic