Sheffield Forum
Your message here

What have the condems done for you

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
01-05-2012, 09:00   #61
brianthedog
Registered User
brianthedog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Dore
Total Posts: 3,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecky View Post
It beggars belief that some numpties are still defending Disasterous Dave and his cronies. Talk about banking a donky with a blue rosette on it at any cost, even if their lives and the lives of anyone in the UK depend on it.
So who would you back as PM? Mumbling Milliband? Calamitous Clegg? Ain't alliteration great?!
_______
The trouble with Socialism is that it eventually runs out of other peoples money.
  Reply With Quote
01-05-2012, 09:38   #62
I1L2T3
Registered User
I1L2T3's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Turn left. Keep going.
Total Posts: 7,745
brianthedog, we have nobody who is fit to lead the country in any of the parties.

That should be pretty clear.
_______
“Society is like a stew. If you don’t stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum floats to the top.” - Edward Abbey
  Reply With Quote
01-05-2012, 09:45   #63
alchresearch
Registered User
alchresearch's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Wirral (was Woodhouse)
Total Posts: 25,163
Send a message via Yahoo to alchresearch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecky View Post
It beggars belief that some numpties are still defending Disasterous Dave and his cronies. Talk about banking a donky with a blue rosette on it at any cost, even if their lives and the lives of anyone in the UK depend on it.
I'd say that most of the posts "defending" the coalition are reasonable and measured replies. It's all the anti-government posts which are childish and hold no merit or mature argument (as usual).
  Reply With Quote
01-05-2012, 13:37   #64
brianthedog
Registered User
brianthedog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Dore
Total Posts: 3,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by I1L2T3 View Post
brianthedog, we have nobody who is fit to lead the country in any of the parties.

That should be pretty clear.
Increasingly I do agree. That said, I think we currently have the best option out there. Sadly, I doubt it will last the next election nor feel a better candidate will be on the cards by then.
_______
The trouble with Socialism is that it eventually runs out of other peoples money.
  Reply With Quote
01-05-2012, 21:55   #65
ricgem2002
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Rotherham
Total Posts: 6,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Graham View Post
And a very selective one. Does your memory go back as far as Labour's top rate of tax at 98%? Since then successive governments have cut direct taxes and increased indirect taxes more. There was nobody more expert at it than Brown. He promised not put up income tax so he put up national insurance regularly. In his first year as chancellor he increased taxes by £7bn. He brought in the fuel duty escalator. He increased stamp duty and revalued housing to increase council tax. The list is almost endless. And he took £17,000 out of everybody's private pension pot to fund the overmanning, the lazy and the workshy of the public sector.
and what have the condems done since ?
  Reply With Quote
01-05-2012, 22:16   #66
I1L2T3
Registered User
I1L2T3's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Turn left. Keep going.
Total Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianthedog View Post
Increasingly I do agree. That said, I think we currently have the best option out there. Sadly, I doubt it will last the next election nor feel a better candidate will be on the cards by then.
If it had to be a Tory in charge, David Davis is the pick of the bunch. Alas, we have a coalition and the LibDems would never accept him.
_______
“Society is like a stew. If you don’t stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum floats to the top.” - Edward Abbey
  Reply With Quote
02-05-2012, 05:44   #67
Mecky
Registered User
Mecky's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: West bank of Sheffield
Total Posts: 11,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchresearch View Post
I'd say that most of the posts "defending" the coalition are reasonable and measured replies. It's all the anti-government posts which are childish and hold no merit or mature argument (as usual).
and if the shoe was on the other foot .....
_______
Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world. (Divide and conquer)
  Reply With Quote
02-05-2012, 09:14   #68
alchresearch
Registered User
alchresearch's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Wirral (was Woodhouse)
Total Posts: 25,163
Send a message via Yahoo to alchresearch
Then I'm sure it could be done without name calling.

I certainly don't recall anyone using the equivalent of "disastrous dave" "condems" "nasty party" (other than "Bliar" and "Liebour" but I believe these were done by someone with no ties or support for any party) and so on when Labour were in power and threads critical of them were started.
  Reply With Quote
02-05-2012, 10:49   #69
Mecky
Registered User
Mecky's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: West bank of Sheffield
Total Posts: 11,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchresearch View Post
Then I'm sure it could be done without name calling.

I certainly don't recall anyone using the equivalent of "disastrous dave" "condems" "nasty party" (other than "Bliar" and "Liebour" but I believe these were done by someone with no ties or support for any party) and so on when Labour were in power and threads critical of them were started.
Yeah yeah, what goes around comes around. Just remember where most, if not all, of the aggression is coming from on this site.
_______
Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world. (Divide and conquer)
  Reply With Quote
02-05-2012, 14:57   #70
Uptowngirl
Registered User
Uptowngirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: On a floor at the moment
Total Posts: 2,126
The coalition have banned clamping by anyone other than the proper authorities. The last lot just talked about it whilst the Scottish Parliament banned it.
_______
"I live for the nights I can't remember with the people I won't forget."
  Reply With Quote
02-05-2012, 15:28   #71
Magilla
Registered User
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Total Posts: 4,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecky View Post
Yeah yeah, what goes around comes around. Just remember where most, if not all, of the aggression is coming from on this site.
The irony being that rather large proportion of it comes from you... so yes, remember, what goes around comes around!
  Reply With Quote
02-05-2012, 15:51   #72
Harleyman
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: California USA
Total Posts: 13,707
The condems prevent unwanted kids
  Reply With Quote
02-05-2012, 15:55   #73
chem1st
Registered User
chem1st's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: in't lab
Total Posts: 16,171
I read this as 'condoms'.

The condems are a waste of money and stop you from having children because the cost of living and housing is too high.

Condoms on the other hand allow you to practise safe sex.
_______
Sheffield - a city on the move, due to a lack of secure affordable housing.

54% of Sheffield's affordable housing has been lost since 1980! (As of 2010 - and even more has be lost since then!)
  Reply With Quote
02-05-2012, 15:57   #74
twodeno
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2012
Total Posts: 101
Nothing
  Reply With Quote
02-05-2012, 18:27   #75
green
Registered User
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Total Posts: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by I1L2T3 View Post
If it had to be a Tory in charge, David Davis is the pick of the bunch. Alas, we have a coalition and the LibDems would never accept him.
I quite like Zac Goldsmith, but since he voted for a EU referendum, the LibDems wouldnt accept him either.
  Reply With Quote
10-02-2013, 08:04   #76
ricgem2002
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Rotherham
Total Posts: 6,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowngirl View Post
The coalition have banned clamping by anyone other than the proper authorities. The last lot just talked about it whilst the Scottish Parliament banned it.
wow i can see that saving the world
  Reply With Quote
10-02-2013, 08:10   #77
MrSmith
Registered User
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Gaza
Total Posts: 8,010
They have slowed down the rate at which the country was going down the ban.
  Reply With Quote
10-02-2013, 08:18   #78
ricgem2002
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Rotherham
Total Posts: 6,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
They have slowed down the rate at which the country was going down the ban.
hmm http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...-recession-gdp
  Reply With Quote
10-02-2013, 08:23   #79
MrSmith
Registered User
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Gaza
Total Posts: 8,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricgem2002 View Post
GDP as little to do with the quality of life of the average Britain. Inflation makes everyone poorer but increases GDP, high house prices make housing unaffordable for many but increase GDP, high immigration increasing the population and puts strain on public services but increases GDP. High fuel cost affects everyone adversely but increase GDP, Increased personal debt and government debts increases GDP but it was debt that caused the crash, and the list goes on.

Last edited by MrSmith; 10-02-2013 at 08:39.
  Reply With Quote
10-02-2013, 08:48   #80
wednesday1
Registered User
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Sheffield on Le Don
Total Posts: 6,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
They have slowed down the rate at which the country was going down the ban.


I think you'll find it was Labour who introduced the ban on hunting with dogs, if thats what you are trying to say, Smithy.
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:23.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2014 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2014