Sheffield Forum

NHS Domestic Assistant

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Business & Employment

Reply To Topic

19-03-2012, 21:03   #1
jaeson

Total Posts: 94
Hi, I have an interview coming up and was wondering what sort of questions will be asked? Any feedback is appreciated, thank you
19-03-2012, 21:12   #2
muddycoffee
Chav Catcher

Total Posts: 8,740
I can't help you with the questions, but best of luck and be patient, as everything in the NHS takes much longer than you would sensibly expect. In the current climate, you may get the job, but you might not get a start date for 2 to 6 MONTHS. It is just all the beaurocracy. A bloke I know has got a job and he's waited a couple of months so far..
_______
Roadtrip Movies Please view my local roadtrip movies. All shot from a moving vehicle around sheffield streets, airports, snake pass etc.....
19-03-2012, 21:32   #3
pillowhugger

Total Posts: 12
1) perhaps something about health and safety - such as what would you class as personal protective equipement (this would be gloves, apron, perhaps face mask/googles depending what you doing).

2) likewise on the theme of health and safety there may be something about what you may see as your role in reducing risk/promoting safety - eg wet floor signs when mopping, not leaving cleaning chemicals laying about,

3)perhaps something about safeguarding vulnerable adults/adult protection e.g. you witness a visitor shouting at/pushing and elderly patient or what would you do if a patient told you someone had stole their purse

4)perhaps something about responding to public, what would you do if a member of public asked you where a ward/dept was (are you going to help them/find someone who can or say "dunno"/not my job to tell you)

5)perhaps something bout how you would prioritise tasks, order in which you might do something (goes to time planning, logic) e,g if you were cleaning a room, what would you do first.

6)perhaps something about how you see your role in infection control.
19-03-2012, 21:35   #4
pillowhugger

Total Posts: 12
Oh yes, also C.O.S.H.H. you ought to be prepared for something about COSHH. Even if they dont ask a direct question about this (if you dont know, google it) it would be very wise of you to chuck it into one of your answers, for a domestic job, I would expect some awareness of COSHH
19-03-2012, 21:39   #5
jordanjlb

Total Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeson View Post
Hi, I have an interview coming up and was wondering what sort of questions will be asked? Any feedback is appreciated, thank you
Hi good luck with the interview, just wondering where you saw the job advertised I keep looking on the NHS jobsite but never seem to see jobs for domestic assistants. Im wondering if you have to ring the hospital direct and ask about jobs. thanks
_______
“My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for.”
19-03-2012, 21:40   #6
damo_bar

Total Posts: 402
Send a message via Skype™ to damo_bar
where is it for?????
19-03-2012, 21:41   #7
big-pants

Total Posts: 165
Infection control, damp dusting, colour coded mopping (blue mop for ward area, red for toilets etc
Health and safety
Confidentiality
Flexibility
Working as part of a team
Having to attend training school (if fortunate to get the job)
_______
Just because I've got big pants on doesn't mean I'm big
Sponsored Links
27-03-2012, 21:45   #8
jaeson

Thanks Alot guys. I went for a basic Literacy and Numeracy Assesment Last Friday which was about 10 mins. So the guy told me you should recieve a code to apply for the jobs through the NHS website. Now they are saying you will get that next month. The Job is currently being advertised by Opportunity Sheffield.
27-03-2012, 21:48   #9
jaeson

NHS on Herries Road, Barnsley Road In Firvale
31-03-2012, 11:17   #10
den37

Total Posts: 413
hi i ve also got an interview for this a week on wed went through the same thing then an assessment at northern general and another test and group activity .
I applyed in nov through the jobcenter its took along time to get to the interview stage and i ve done well to get this far as not good with maths and i thought i did nt do very well in the group activity was also wondering what questions knew they d ask about health and safety .
Had interview other week at the hallamshire which i did nt get .
I know theres 3 people on the panel was told the other day .
31-03-2012, 19:26   #11
jaeson

Sorry to hear. I was just wondering what sort of questions they asked you and about Health & Safety. Thanks Den
02-04-2012, 21:35   #12
SKRTy

Total Posts: 16
NHS interview: Healthcare interview questions and answers

Below are common interview questions:

1. What are your educational qualifications? How many years of experience do you have in healthcare fields?

2. What would your core competencies be, when it comes to NHS Jobs?

3. Have you ever been through an emergency situation? What position did you handle during the emergency situation?

4. Do you consider yourself to be social? Can you tell us of a time when you used your social skills to help the patients?

5. Could you tell us of a time when you used your leadership skills to handle a situation?

6. What is the best aspect that you like about your job?

These are some of the questions asked during a NHS interview.

Hope this helps.
_______
References on CV & CV Hobbies
Check out our brand new CV Website
18-04-2012, 18:19   #13
den37

just got through the interview got my letter this morning to say id got a job. Loads of paper work to fill in so happy i got through as been a long process since november last year .
20-04-2012, 16:58   #14
big-pants

Total Posts: 165
Well done and congratulations!
_______
Just because I've got big pants on doesn't mean I'm big
26-04-2012, 07:42   #15
den37

Thanks waiting for a start date sent all paper work in and id things. Been told it takes 8 weeks for crb check which is £27 comes out of wages .
18-05-2012, 10:41   #16
den37

Start my training monday at northern general 2 days then 4 days following week then start work in june. The training is full time then pt time in the evenings, when i start in june which will be better looking forward to it as have nt had a job since my kids were little though scarie lol
Reply To Topic