Am I still allowed to question climate change?

I doubt it.

Lower temperatures have already been predicted by others and Fox is Fox, only Fox viewers will get excited over anything that appears to support their "global warming is a conspiracy" argument.

It's not the temperature I give a damn about, it's the collusion to modify data and delete incriminating e-mails, so they can't be read under a freedom of information request.

Mike,

Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?

Keith will do likewise. He’s not in at the moment – minor family crisis.

Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don’t have his new email address.

We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.

I see that CA claim they discovered the 1945 problem in the Nature paper!!

And

“I did get an email from the FOI person here early yesterday to tell me I shouldn’t be deleting emails unless this was ‘normal’ deleting to keep emails manageable!"

"Yes, I am aware of the confusion surrounding what the Hadley Centre did and why. It is even messier than you realize. I have forcing data sets (more than one!) from Jonathon Gregory that differ from the numbers yougave in your email!!"

"Ed to be really honest, I don’t see how this was ever accepted for publication in Nature."

reply...

"Mike,I’d rather you didn’t. I think it should be sufficient to forward the para from Andrew Conrie’s email that says the paper has been rejected by all 3 reviewers. You can say that the paper was an extended and updated version of that which appeared in CR.Obviously, under no circumstances should any of this get back to Pielke.Cheers"[/Quote]

Don't get me wrong, I was (still am) no global warming denier, but if these emails are legit, and it looks increasingly like they are, then it's some pretty damaging stuff.

I doubt it.

Lower temperatures have already been predicted by others and Fox is Fox, only Fox viewers will get excited over anything that appears to support their "global warming is a conspiracy" argument.

Just like their support for Palin's statement that "Obama was "palling around with terrorists"....even though they neglected to report that some leading Republicans had also been "palling around "with the same terrorist!:rolleyes:

Here, Have a straw... Just make sure you clutch it tightly...

Here are a few extracts of some of the alleged email content. (So far, we can only refer to them as alleged emails because – though Hadley CRU’s director Phil Jones has confirmed the break-in to Ian Wishart at the Briefing Room – he has yet to fess up to any specific contents.) But if genuine, they suggest dubious practices such as:

Manipulation of evidence: re the famed hockey stick

I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.

Private doubts about whether the world really is heating up:

The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate.

Suppression of evidence:

Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?

Keith will do likewise. He’s not in at the moment – minor family crisis.

Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don’t have his new email address.

We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.

Fantasies of violence against prominent Climate Sceptic scientists:

Next time I see Pat Michaels at a scientific meeting, I’ll be tempted to beat

the crap out of him. Very tempted.

Attempts to disguise the inconvenient truth of the Medieval Warm Period (MWP):

……Phil and I have recently submitted a paper using about a dozen NH records that fit this category, and many of which are available nearly 2K back–I think that trying to adopt a timeframe of 2K, rather than the usual 1K, addresses a good earlier point that Peck made w/ regard to the memo, that it would be nice to try to “contain” the putative “MWP”, even if we don’t yet have a hemispheric mean reconstruction available that far back….

And, perhaps most reprehensibly, a long series of communications discussing how best to squeeze dissenting scientists out of the peer review process. How, in other words, to create a scientific climate in which anyone who disagrees with AGW can be written off as a crank, whose views do not have a scrap of authority.

“This was the danger of always criticising the skeptics for not publishing in the “peer-reviewed literature”. Obviously, they found a solution to that–take over a journal! So what do we do about this? I think we have to stop considering “Climate Research” as a legitimate peer-reviewed journal. Perhaps we should encourage our colleagues in the climate research community to no longer submit to, or cite papers in, this journal. We would also need to consider what we tell or request of our more reasonable colleagues who currently sit on the editorial board…What do others think?”

“I will be emailing the journal to tell them I’m having nothing more to do with it until they rid themselves of this troublesome editor.” “It results from this journal having a number of editors. The responsible one for this is a well-known skeptic in NZ. He has let a few papers through by Michaels and Gray in the past. I’ve had words with Hans von Storch about this, but got nowhere. Another thing to discuss in Nice !”

No Evidence for Global Warming !

You don’t say:- :o:o

Apologies greatly received from all those that have shot me down on this subject in the past.:roll:

According Dr Mojib Latif, one of the world's top climate modellers you may still be wrong Malky.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1212442/The-world-colder-decades--hotter-long-run-expert-predicts.html

According Dr Mojib Latif, one of the world's top climate modellers you may still be wrong Malky.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1212442/The-world-colder-decades--hotter-long-run-expert-predicts.html

It could get hotter:……..it could get colder, I think that covers all bases…………no they forgot it could get wetter.:roll::hihi:

It could get hotter:……..it could get colder, I think that covers all bases…………no they forgot it could get wetter.:roll::hihi:

Yes that's true, but the main point being is that temperatures right now are no real indicator of whether man induced global warming is a lie or not.

It's too early to tell.

Yes that's true, but the main point being is that temperatures right now are no real indicator of whether man induced global warming is a lie or not.

It's too early to tell.

Well at least we are getting somewhere :roll: what happened to the idea it was man made.

Sunspot activity has more to do with climate change than emissions of Carbon Dioxide or any other gases. Currently the amount of sunspot activity is nil. Have a look at this link: http://www.oneminuteastronomer.com/2009/09/24/sunspots-global-warming/

Climate change is happening all the time and has done so for thousands of years. We have had Ice Ages, periods of very warm weather and mini Ice Ages when the Thames has frozen over. The earths weather is a very complex thing and computer simulations of what is happening are very dodgy. The politicians of all parties are being misled, or maybe using climate change for increasing taxes. All the carbon capture or reducing Carbon Dioxide isn't going to make one iota of difference to climate change.

Well at least we are getting somewhere :roll: what happened to the idea it was man made.

Are we?

I simply stated that whether global warming is man made or not, it is too early to tell and those that say that climate change is a lie don't really know that to be true.

Climate change is happening all the time and has done so for thousands of years. We have had Ice Ages, periods of very warm weather and mini Ice Ages when the Thames has frozen over. The earths weather is a very complex thing and computer simulations of what is happening are very dodgy. The politicians of all parties are being misled, or maybe using climate change for increasing taxes. All the carbon capture or reducing Carbon Dioxide isn't going to make one iota of difference to climate change.

I was saying that 2 years ago, all we have to do now is convert the gullible.

It would appear that the BBC are now reporting this, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8370282.stm , however they are taking a slightly more pro AGW slant; by only reporting that the hack took place, and not the aleged contents of the hacked data...

Sure thing beeb, this was just a hack like Watergate was just a burglary... Climategate anyone.

I was saying that 2 years ago, all we have to do now is convert the gullible.

I'm already a convert... :D