I am due to start the A4E new deal course..

Im supposed to be starting this course next week and its for 13 weeks but now im thinking its just a waste of time, i would get anything i could right now if its either call centre, retail or wholesale but its kinda hard to find anything. Does anyone know if its possible to skip this course? If i just say im ill or dont go in because i have an interview or something and then i try to make another claim, will they just put me back on this course?

why is it a waste of time?

You're right, the New Deal courses are a waste of time... And if you're over 17 you'll be the eldest on the course, and if the experience is anything like when I was on YTS in the mid 90s, you'll be made to feel old by some dumbass tutor who will regularly point out how you're a LOT older than the other clients! :rant:

I was 19 when I was on YTS, the others were 17 at the most, and I'm not being funny but I'd hardly count 2 years at the most as being a LOT older! :loopy:

And as for why A4E courses are a waste of time, there's a multi-page thread a few pages into the general discussions area of people complaining (me included) about how crap they are.

Edited by Rich

why is it a waste of time?

have you read the other lengthy thread about A4e? That should tell you all you want to know.

no i don't know what it is thats why i asked.

Yea thanks for them threads, i read a bit from each. I dont think i actually found the answer to my question anyway.

CHOCK there is no way you will get out of it, if you skip it because of a interview you will be asked for proof of interview when you dont show that you will be put on whats called a sanction which means effectively you will get maximum £15 a week for 26 weeks which you will only recieve if you attend the course aswell, its a lot less leiant now then it was before but to cut a long story short there is no way to avoid it unless you have a job that can last in excess of 26 weeks because if you sign back on before 26 weeks you will be signed straight onto new deal to finish your course so there isnt a way out of it. Best advice i can give you is keep your head down and make the best of what you have got.

Im supposed to be starting this course next week and its for 13 weeks but now im thinking its just a waste of time, i would get anything i could right now if its either call centre, retail or wholesale but its kinda hard to find anything. Does anyone know if its possible to skip this course? If i just say im ill or dont go in because i have an interview or something and then i try to make another claim, will they just put me back on this course?

You may well be right but if you don't go you will be publically flogged outside Tesco by The Taxpayer Allience every Saturday morning.

I actually have an interview on the day this starts but the interview is in the afternoon, i didnt get a chance to ring up and ask this but does this mean i have to still go in and then they will let me go when its time for the interview?

CHOCK there is no way you will get out of it, if you skip it because of a interview you will be asked for proof of interview when you dont show that you will be put on whats called a sanction which means effectively you will get maximum £15 a week for 26 weeks which you will only recieve if you attend the course aswell, its a lot less leiant now then it was before but to cut a long story short there is no way to avoid it unless you have a job that can last in excess of 26 weeks because if you sign back on before 26 weeks you will be signed straight onto new deal to finish your course so there isnt a way out of it. Best advice i can give you is keep your head down and make the best of what you have got.

All a bit 'you vil go in ze gas chamber.' Screw 'em all. Claim stress, harassment, human rights anything. Play the sytem and don't let them intimidate you into going. Get the name of the New Deal 'adviser' who insists on sending you on this oh-so-inappropriate course and sue them.

Anyone who says 'they're only doing their job', again shades of Aushwitz except the Germans didn't have a choice. Some £16k a year adviser does.

I actually have an interview on the day this starts but the interview is in the afternoon, i didnt get a chance to ring up and ask this but does this mean i have to still go in and then they will let me go when its time for the interview?

Go for the interview, sod New Deal... If you can go for an interview, and get the job off your own bat, you'll be able to stick 2 fingers up to the job centre and tell them you don't need their crappy New Deal rubbish.