Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Morrisons passport photo booth (dont use it)

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic

06-01-2009, 10:22   #1
Rachylou

Total Posts: 763
Hi all, Just to warn you not to use this for passports, even though it says on the machine that you can.
I had my daughter's and my husband had his taken there, when i took them to the post office along with my passport form for the check and send, they told me that the passport office were sending them back as the background was a bit bluey so would not accept them.
I have told morrisons and they told me to bring the photo's back as they had had a few returned and they will give me my money back.
Ive noticed though that they haven't done anything about the machine.
Rachael
_______
frame-ups windows Ltd, 428 Langsett road, Hillsborough. A family run business which has been established for over 25 years. For a free quotation call us on 0114 2349993 mobile 07939136401
Fensa Registered
06-01-2009, 10:31   #2
Airport Cars

Total Posts: 546
Take along a white towel and hang it behind you?
06-01-2009, 10:32   #3
RosyRat

Total Posts: 2,264
That machine swallowed my money last year and no photos to show for it. I was advised to contact the company via the phone no. on the booth. Needless to say I never received a reply. I agree with you, Rachylou - people shouldn't use this booth.
06-01-2009, 11:22   #4
Carborundum

Total Posts: 1,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airport Cars View Post
Take along a white towel and hang it behind you?
Be sure to pin up the towel well or have two friends to hold it on either side of you ... otherwise if it falls on your head when it takes the pictures you may have trouble getting into America with those passport photos ...

Last edited by Carborundum; 06-01-2009 at 11:24.
06-01-2009, 13:41   #5
sheff lady

Total Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachylou View Post
Hi all, Just to warn you not to use this for passports, even though it says on the machine that you can.
I had my daughter's and my husband had his taken there, when i took them to the post office along with my passport form for the check and send, they told me that the passport office were sending them back as the background was a bit bluey so would not accept them.
I have told morrisons and they told me to bring the photo's back as they had had a few returned and they will give me my money back.
Ive noticed though that they haven't done anything about the machine.
Rachael
thanks i was planning to take my son there to have his done, are all photo booths the same???
_______
when your life shatters into a million pieces, pick up the pieces grab some glue, and make a new one.
06-01-2009, 13:47   #6
Dark Moomin

Total Posts: 3,135
I understand they recommend going somewhere like jessops who will light it properly etc as the requirements are becoming ever more stringent.
_______
Well, I was born Mary Patterson, but then I married and naturally took my husband's name, so now I'm Neil Patterson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
06-01-2009, 13:57   #7
Brunette

Total Posts: 1,430
I would never use a booth - they're rubbish! I paid a tenner for a professional photographer to do mine, and he guaranteed that if they were refused for any reason he'd re-do them for free. Any my passport photo is really nice LOL! In the overall cost of a passport it doesn't make a lot if difference if you spend a few extra quid getting the photos right first time.
x
06-01-2009, 13:58   #8
kimba

Total Posts: 2,711
same as the co op in firth park says passport pics but when i went to liverpool they said they wasnnt good enough
see the new passport pics are scanned therefore have to be perfect clear pictures and the boothes have to be sericed regular to print out clear pics.
06-01-2009, 14:04   #9
fred_notdead

Total Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba View Post
same as the co op in firth park says passport pics but when i went to liverpool they said they wasnnt good enough
see the new passport pics are scanned therefore have to be perfect clear pictures and the boothes have to be sericed regular to print out clear pics.
Same as the Chemist's in Firth Park last year, the photo's were sent back as incorrect

_______
(\__/) There are 10 types of people in the world -
(='.'=) those that understand binary, and those
(")_(") that don't!
06-01-2009, 14:07   #10
Rachylou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff lady View Post
thanks i was planning to take my son there to have his done, are all photo booths the same???
This one was at the morrisons in ecclesfield so dont no about the rest but i'd imagine there all the same.
If i were you i would take him to one in a post offce, thats what ive had to do.
Rachael
_______
frame-ups windows Ltd, 428 Langsett road, Hillsborough. A family run business which has been established for over 25 years. For a free quotation call us on 0114 2349993 mobile 07939136401
Fensa Registered
06-01-2009, 14:30   #11
iansheff

Total Posts: 4,023
Depending where you live the photographer in the market at Crystal Peaks does them not sure if it said 5, I could be wrong.
06-01-2009, 14:42   #12
honeyb35

Total Posts: 4,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by iansheff View Post
Depending where you live the photographer in the market at Crystal Peaks does them not sure if it said 5, I could be wrong.
I had my baby daughters done here, it was a fiver and you get the guarantee that he'll redo them if they get sent back
06-01-2009, 15:00   #13
LJB23

Total Posts: 2,472
I took my son to Max Spielman and they were retured as they were too shiney! Luckily they did me new ones free of charge that were fine, for my daughter I went to klick and they were fine.
I had some done last year for a new passport in a booth in co op in town, when I took them to the counter for check and send service the lady said they were no good as I had my fringe down and would have to have them re-taken with my fringe pinned back. But if you always have a fringe and always wear it like that then that's a more true picture of you isn't it?
06-01-2009, 19:22   #14
Stockers

Total Posts: 6,311
I did mine at Morrisons and it was fine, no background colour and got my passport back within 3 working days.
06-01-2009, 19:31   #15
Rachylou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
I did mine at Morrisons and it was fine, no background colour and got my passport back within 3 working days.
So they must have different booths in different stores then. Mine are definatley a bluey colour in the background.
_______
Fensa Registered
06-01-2009, 19:50   #16
Stockers

Total Posts: 6,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachylou View Post
So they must have different booths in different stores then. Mine are definatley a bluey colour in the background.
Mine was Morrisons on Chesterfield Rd.

You do know the curtains in the background have to be removed don't you?
06-01-2009, 19:51   #17
HotPhil
Curry Craver

Total Posts: 8,711
Send a message via MSN to HotPhil Send a message via Skype™ to HotPhil
the bluey tinge might indicate a problem with chemicals in the machine (assuming it's not one of those new fangled digital ones). needs reporting to the company that operates the machine really as if the chem is wrong it's easily corrected.
_______
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them....
06-01-2009, 19:57   #18
Joey

Total Posts: 1,011
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
Mine was Morrisons on Chesterfield Rd.

You do know the curtains in the background have to be removed don't you?
I agree, the curtain pulls back so you can have a white background.
_______
A synonym is a word you use if you can't spell the other one.
Joeys can be girls too !!
06-01-2009, 20:44   #19
Pritt Stick

Total Posts: 1,341
http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/index.asp

For all passport photo guidelines.
_______
Stuff. Just stuff.
Reply To Topic