Road closures discussion

please be wary of abbeydale road, mickley out side shepley spitfire,

Newhall Road is closed and so is meadowhall!

An SHU contact is apparently still stuck out at Collegiate Crescent site and is I gather having difficulty getting back in to the City Centre Campus - they were due back there at 3pm. Apparently also some rail connections are also closed.

A61 through grenoside was standing traffic around 3.00. don't know if its improved yet, but i would guess not

How are the buses running

I'm stuck in London due to the severe weather back up North. Midland Mainline are not running trains further than Derby. Advice is to travel tomorrow.

This is the latest, but click the link for further updates:

"Due to flooding in the Clay Cross area we are currently unable to run any services north of Derby. The following services from St Pancras to Derby/ Sheffield are cancelled this evening:

Sheffield Station has been evacuated due to flooding in the station.

Nottingham services are currently running OK at the moment.

Customers who have tickets for today and are unable to travel due to the the flooding, these tickets will be valid for travel tomorrow.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes to your journey today. We will update this message as soon as more information becomes available.

Last updated 1605 25/06/2007"

http://www.midlandmainline.com

bitholmes from Middlewood to Deepcar has some large flooded areas, also heading on A616 towards Langsett, MASSIVE flooded area on road. drive with caution!

Not technically a road but I hear the Trams have stopped and the train station is closed due ot the river Don bursting its banks!

green lane off westthorpe and spinkhill hill closed both ways massive flood drain covers floating

Rivelin Valley road closed at Malin Bridge by police(flooded) all traffic diverted up Stannington Road or Loxley Road.Holme Lane at a standstill.