Sheffield Wednesday feeling the pinch of FFP.

Just to clarify, Rhodes bottled it ! most Wednesday fand would agree.

Just like Mathews bottled it for United when Givens went on and missed !! i as many would not out a player for missing a penalty , thats lfe it happens...but refusing to take one ! a leading player, a £10m player not feeling confident !! YOUR HAVING A LAUGH.

Which part of my original response didnt you understand...the bit that said he didn't refuse to take one...or the bit that said he didn't refuse to take one...

Please try and keep up...

---------- Post added 18-07-2017 at 09:03 ----------

:hihi:

Good post mate and pretty much sums it up. ;)

Another one who doesn't understand simple phrases...like "he didn't refuse to take one..."

Oh so your obssession was a joke now, ok.:help:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

It is obvious to everyone that you are only happy when you are allowed to have the last word on a thread, so I will depart now and leave you to it...

... I await your reply! :D

Whilst still waiting for an answer on which players Wednesday have spent "ridiculous amounts" of money on.....i noticed Middlesbrough have paid £14m for Brett Assombalonga from Forest....now that is a ridiculous amount of money...

Whilst still waiting for an answer on which players Wednesday have spent "ridiculous amounts" of money on.....i noticed Middlesbrough have paid £14m for Brett Assombalonga from Forest....now that is a ridiculous amount of money...

.......and thats the market we are operating in, ridiculous.

I agree £14m for Assombalonga is ridiculous, however players are only worth what clubs are prepared to pay for them.

The problem is weekly wages which players are demanding, I dread to think what the wage bill is at SWFC. For once we have a chairman who is happy to put his hand in his pocket.

I agree £14m for Assombalonga is ridiculous, however players are only worth what clubs are prepared to pay for them.

The problem is weekly wages which players are demanding, I dread to think what the wage bill is at SWFC. For once we have a chairman who is happy to put his hand in his pocket.

£14 million is a hell of a fee for an injury prone striker....

mind you Villa paid £15 million for McCormack ,£15 million for Kodjia and £12 million for Scott Hogan last season....

Makes Jordan Rhodes fee of £8 million seem an absolute steal...

Edited by Sheridan1-0

I Do mainly think They was a lot of players last season signed that for whatever reason did not play or play much . but all still took a wage , I also think theres a Massive problem with not having Reserve Football anymore , its ok having U23s but that still means some back up players arnt getting much football to 1, Show CC what he can do OR 2, Put himself in shop window sort of speak to move on .

big Question this season- CC needs first team players and abit of luck with players keeping free from injury , deffo cover at Cback needed

Which part of my original response didnt you understand...the bit that said he didn't refuse to take one...or the bit that said he didn't refuse to take one...

Please try and keep up...

---------- Post added 18-07-2017 at 09:03 ----------

Another one who doesn't understand simple phrases...like "he didn't refuse to take one..."

he bottled it !!!! ask any reasoned Owl.

he bottled it !!!! ask any reasoned Owl.[/quote

I'm a reasoned Owl of over 50 years ... and your still wrong ...

Harking back to the OP's original false claims the Owls had a £3m offer for Sean Morrison rejected by Cardiff (must have slipped through the pinch).

Harking back to the OP's original false claims the Owls had a £3m offer for Sean Morrison rejected by Cardiff (must have slipped through the pinch).

If you would be kind enough to provide a bit of proof of this said bid? Only in this day and age it is normal for agents to "instigate interest" in order to bag his player a better deal and line his own pocket. Apparently United lodged bids for and were supposedly desperate to sign Jason McCarty? Well at least up until Chris Wilder absolutely laughed it off when asked about him. He then went on to explain that he wasn't ever on our radars and that we weren't interested in him and sure as hell didn't table any bids for him.

And then we have the social media generation in which rubbish / spoof twitter rumours these days get spread around like wildfire before being picked up on by lazy journalists and even bookmakers.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock "You have to take your hat off to Sean, he could have moved on after being made quite a lucrative offer "

Sports writers Dom Howson and Chris Holt both report that the rumours of the Owls tabling a £3m offer were accurate.

@domhowson

@HoltChris