Man City pay £53m for Kyle Walker

Guest sibon
Paying off a debt?

That's a novel idea, where did you come up with that one from?

I got the idea from McCabe and the use that he has found for most other transfer receipts that United have received.

Well played Daniel Levy! Must be a bit gutting for clubs like Sheffield United who can't hold on to players like this for long enough to reap the big rewards, do they get any of this sale?

Nor Sheffield United, nor Sheffield Wednesday, nor any other club outside of the top flight would achieve a price tag like this for a player.

In order to be even worth this amount of money players need to have met certain criteria. He has played 6 full seasons in the Premier League, he has been capped 37 times for his country, he has played in both European competitions, all of which he wouldn't have been able to do with us or our neighbours.

I got the idea from McCabe and the use that he has found for most other transfer receipts that United have received.

It's made sure we were never up in court being accused of trading while insolvent,not like another club not too far away.

So you're saying that you believe that Kevin McCabe is a man that pays his debts from money that he receives from a business that he owns?

Perhaps you would care to explain precisely what is wrong with that?

Obviously, if you had no morals and were a disreputable individual that didn't honour their debts, then you could renege on commitments that you had agreed in good faith with other parties, and leave them to the consequences.

No doubt you would consider this the smart move to make, and if you lacked any kind of personal integrity you could convince yourself that it was an acceptable course of action.

All that it would cost you would be your reputation, people would regard you with an amused contempt from that time onward.

But no matter, what do you care? You got away with it, and profited by it to the detriment of others so why would you care what people think of you, you came out on top!

However, I'm sure that's not how you think, so why do you appear to have a problem with McCabe paying his debts?

Guest sibon
So you're saying that you believe that Kevin McCabe is a man that pays his debts from money that he receives from a business that he owns?

Perhaps you would care to explain precisely what is wrong with that?

Obviously, if you had no morals and were a disreputable individual that didn't honour their debts, then you could renege on commitments that you had agreed in good faith with other parties, and leave them to the consequences.

No doubt you would consider this the smart move to make, and if you lacked any kind of personal integrity you could convince yourself that it was an acceptable course of action.

All that it would cost you would be your reputation, people would regard you with an amused contempt from that time onward.

But no matter, what do you care? You got away with it, and profited by it to the detriment of others so why would you care what people think of you, you came out on top!

However, I'm sure that's not how you think, so why do you appear to have a problem with McCabe paying his debts?

I've no problem with McCabe paying his debt to himself.

As far as I'm concerned, the more cash he removes from SUFC to put into Scarborough Holdings the better.

Are you saying that 11 years as a Blade youngster counts for nothing?

He's one of our own.

I'm saying 28 games for you and he's a legend,therefore of kids sign for a club at 8 or 9 then get discarded before they get to 20,does that make them legends.

I'm saying 28 games for you and he's a legend,therefore of kids sign for a club at 8 or 9 then get discarded before they get to 20,does that make them legends.

Depends when they get discarded and\or how supporters regard the player.

Kyle came through our ranks and went on to play for the senior team,he's one of us,one of our own,still contributing to our club,Blades Legend.

Edited by chalga

Who's his club?

Daft money from a club who's got it to burn.

Spurs ....... . .....

I've no problem with McCabe paying his debt to himself.

As far as I'm concerned, the more cash he removes from SUFC to put into Scarborough Holdings the better.

Good to know, glad that you understand how things work in the real world as opposed to the fairy tale world of football.

However, you appear to be under the impression that it's all about money, and the clubs which spend the most achieve the most.

It ain't necessarily so, take last seasons Championship for instance.

Only one of the top 11 big spending clubs in the Championship last season went up.

Newcastle United who were the second biggest spender after Villa.

Aston Villa spent the most, £72 Million and finished 13th, unlucky for them.

Huddersfield on the other hand spent £3.6 Million the seventeenth least in the division and are now in the Premier Division.

So Villa spent exactly twenty times more than Huddersfield and still failed.

Money is important obviously but a good manager and a little bit of luck is better.

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38196575

That's the full table of information if you're interested. It's from a Blades forum so please ignore the infantile comment at the start, I'm a Blade but too old to go along with that nonsense.

It makes interesting reading, I believe that the Wednesday figure does not contain the fee for Rhodes as he was a loan at that time.

I think he will still get the bus down to Maine Road next season,he knows it's only a short career and he's got to hold on to them experiences while he can.

Manchester City have not played at Maine Road since 2003.

Manchester City have not played at Maine Road since 2003.

You don't say,I wondered why nobody had mentioned it for a while,meanwhile,I'm looking forward to us playing at the Baseball Ground,is that still going? There's always one daft enough to take it seriously isn't there?

Edited by chalga

You don't say,I wondered why nobody had mentioned it for a while,meanwhile,I'm looking forward to us playing at the Baseball Ground,is that still going? There's always one daft enough to take it seriously isn't there?

No the Baseball Ground has long gone and as for 'us', would they be the recent newcomers to the Championship ? To further that, there's no Ayresome Park, Boothferry Park, Roker Park and thankfully, no Cold Blow Lane . Yes I perhaps might be a little daft !

Edited by stpetre
Spell