Wednesday, who goes, who stays, who comes in.

Guest sibon
How about Wednesday bringing in a striker in the latter stages of his career, like a final swansong (Bit like Zlatan Ibrahimović of Man United)

Steve Morison one final blast in the Championship with a top championship club like Wednesday, a 2 year contract, his latter playing years to go out on a high

Good plan, but you have the wrong Sheffield club.

It's the Blades who are undertaking the game changing investment.

yeah we'll fill the bench up with strikers :roll:

Offload the ones who aren't performing

Offload the ones who aren't performing

Which ones aren't performing?

I honestly can't believe what I read sometimes.

Dear god.

I see joseph has signed for another year to be manager again.

Good luck Joseph

Which ones aren't performing?

Rhodes hasn't been as good as we thought

I think when you look at Man United, they bought in Ibrahimavic and he is old (in football terms) he will go out with a blast

So why can't Sheffield Wednesday do the same?

Even someone like Billy Sharpe?

Also don't forget this was done 20 years ago when the ageing Chris Waddle (who was over 30 years old - old as a footballer) came into the Sheffield Wednesday team, and he proved very popular and successul

Edited by rogets

Rhodes hasn't been as good as we thought

I think when you look at Man United, they bought in Ibrahimavic and he is old (in football terms) he will go out with a blast

So why can't Sheffield Wednesday do the same?

Even someone like Billy Sharpe?

I'll waste my time with a troll yet again :-

A) Why would the Owls want an older striker who's only had moderate Championship success in the past.

B) Why would sheffield united sell last seasons top scorer and club captain especially to their biggest rival

C) We don't need any more strikers the current ones are perfectly good enough with better service, something that will hopefully be resolved in the transfer window.

Seeing as you bothered to write the post it would be interesting to hear your views on A and B.

---------- Post added 24-05-2017 at 13:35 ----------

On a serious note - CC has said 4-5 players may be signed in the close season, I still have a feeling their could be a surprise sale.

i'll waste my time with a troll yet again :-

a) why would the owls want an older striker who's only had moderate championship success in the past.

B) why would sheffield united sell last seasons top scorer and club captain especially to their biggest rival

c) we don't need any more strikers the current ones are perfectly good enough with better service, something that will hopefully be resolved in the transfer window.

Seeing as you bothered to write the post it would be interesting to hear your views on a and b.

---------- post added 24-05-2017 at 13:35 ----------

on a serious note - cc has said 4-5 players may be signed in the close season, i still have a feeling their could be a surprise sale.

BILLY shape himself may prefer higher quality service from better quality midfielders

HENCE A MOVE TO s6

BILLY shape himself may prefer higher quality service from better quality midfielders

HENCE A MOVE TO s6

I wear my blue and white credentials on my sleeve but even I'd admit that midfield service to the strikers is our weak point..........or is this another trolling post and you've got me to reply again Hohohohohho

Young keepers Joe Wildsmith and Cameron Dawson have both had extension clauses in their contracts triggered, no decisions on the other out of contract players as yet.