2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Another heartfelt recommendation for Whitecliffes Builders (0114 225 7522). Eric and his team have transformed our Victorian property from two neglected flats into one beautiful home. New kitchen (wonderfully designed by Julia) in what was a back lounge, two new bathrooms, knocking down walls, building new ones, new windows and doors, plastering, tiling, flooring... It was a big job but from the first meeting with Eric I felt confident that it would all come together. He was always helpful with good ideas, advice and suggestions and kept me fully informed of progress as I was living miles away. His team were great, especially Nigel and Owen, always there when they said they'd be and working quickly and tidily. The inevitable problems that arose (old building!) were discussed so there were no shocks when it came to the final bill, which was a very competitive price for such a great job. I'd definitely use them again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for any sort of building job, big or small. Thanks guys!

JL

can anyone recommend a tarmacer to do a job over easter for me?

approx. 48m2

12m x 4m

Ian 07930564977

I would highly recommend RCD Electrical for any jobs you may require doing.

Both Paul and Dean ensured my job was done to the highest of expectations. Ceiling light fitted and looks lovely ?

Thank you.

Is there a gas fitter or can someone recommend one to disconnect my standalone cooker this week or before next Tuesday? any time is fine, cheers.

Is it connected using a rubber flexible pipe?

If so then you will be able to do it yourself as it will have a bayonet connector on the end. Push it in then turn it anti clockwise.

Edited by kidneystone

Is it connected using a rubber flexible pipe?

yes it is.

If so then you will be able to do it yourself as it will have a bayonet connector on the end. Push it in then turn it anti clockwise then pull.

If so then you will be able to do it yourself as it will have a bayonet connector on the end. Push it in then turn it anti clockwise then pull.

am I allowed to do that? I currently live in a council flat so wasn't sure if I needed someone registered to do it. I did google it but some people were saying it needs capping and doing professionally etc.

Is the cooker going back there? I often disconnect mine to clean down the sides and underneath.

Is the cooker going back there? I often disconnect mine to clean down the sides and underneath.

no I 'm moving home and putting it in storage.

According to THIS document you can disconnect it yourself.

It looks like it does, thanks for the link. I'll disconnect a couple days before the move and monitor the smell. cheers.