It sure beats rambling on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, ad infinitem about Wednesday.

Haha maybe ...

But if I didn't like watching Wednesday I'd stop going every week...

Yet some folk don't like Radio Sheffield..but rather than stop listening, they come on here and moan about it...on a daily,weekly and monthly basis..

Generally the same people all the time as well...

It's not too difficult to switch it off is it..?

Up The Owls :thumbsup:

Guest makapaka
Haha maybe ...

But if I didn't like watching Wednesday I'd stop going every week...

Yet some folk don't like Radio Sheffield..but rather than stop listening, they come on here and moan about it...on a daily,weekly and monthly basis..

Generally the same people all the time as well...

It's not too difficult to switch it off is it..?

Up The Owls :thumbsup:

But if no one offers any critique nothing would change.

Maybe they want it to be better so listen to it and then offer their opinion.

Your argument is flawed as on that basis you could never offer an opinion on anything - the option would be to just exclude it from your life.

Your example of wednesday is a good one - have you never offered any negative view on a Wednesday player / manager / tactic? Cos if you have you are as guilty as anyone else.

Don't like pudil at left back (e.g.) then never go to wednesday again.....?

Guest busdriver1

The quickest way to make change to any radio station is to stop listening to it. Audience figures are everything to broadcast media.

In the meantime there are plenty good radio stations with quality programming out there.

In the meantime there are plenty good radio stations with quality programming out there.

Name one please ?

I stopped listening to Radio 2 after Sir Terry Wogan retired, and every other commercial radio station has far too little music and far too many adverts and nonsensical chat.

And they're all based in Manc-chester or London. Do I need to know there's been yet another pile-up on the M25 or the M62 ?

Name one please ?

I stopped listening to Radio 2 after Sir Terry Wogan retired, and every other commercial radio station has far too little music and far too many adverts and nonsensical chat.

And they're all based in Manc-chester or London. Do I need to know there's been yet another pile-up on the M25 or the M62 ?

Absolute radio -Excellent line up of music and not to bad for adds also absolute 80s is good if you like that era.

Planet rock-Very few adds and great selection of music.

Magic was good but awful since Hallam 2 took over.

Perhaps the good Sheffield folk can't identify with the good man from Dore & Totley.

Dore and Totley are seperate places aren't they? next to each other sure, but two distinct places.

Maybe they want it to be better so listen to it and then offer their opinion.

Your argument is flawed as on that basis you could never offer an opinion on anything - the option would be to just exclude it from your life.

Your example of wednesday is a good one - have you never offered any negative view on a Wednesday player / manager / tactic? Cos if you have you are as guilty as anyone else.

Don't like pudil at left back (e.g.) then never go to wednesday again.....?

The difference being...i enjoy going to watch Wednesday...yes i've been critical of players/managers/tactics over the time...but not to the point of stopping going.....

They way some people talk of certain presenters and the Radio station in general,you get the feeling they dislike everything about it and yet despite the vitriol ...they continue to listen...why..?:huh:

If you dislike something that much ...either don't go...or switch it off..

Guest makapaka
The difference being...i enjoy going to watch Wednesday...yes i've been critical of players/managers/tactics over the time...but not to the point of stopping going.....

They way some people talk of certain presenters and the Radio station in general,you get the feeling they dislike everything about it and yet despite the vitriol ...they continue to listen...why..?:huh:

If you dislike something that much ...either don't go...or switch it off..

But most also post about some elements they do like or want to listen to.

Which goes exactly back to my original example of wednesday. And if you were critical about a player on Friday night you wouldn't expect to be told to "just turn it off"

But most also post about some elements they do like or want to listen to.

Which goes exactly back to my original example of wednesday. And if you were critical about a player on Friday night you wouldn't expect to be told to "just turn it off"

I can be critical of a player,but wouldn't necessarily come onto a Forum and make numerous posts over an eighteen month period repeating the same thing though...

If you dont like going in a pub, you stop going into it. You dont keep going into it whilst moaning <snipped> about it on here.

Same applies to radio.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw
Offensive words removed

Guest makapaka
If you dont like going in a pub, you stop going into it. You dont keep going into it whilst moaning <snipped> about it on here.

Same applies to radio.

Why?

maybe people associated with the pub/radio station would read it and take some of the comments on board?

Edited by makapaka
Offensive words removed

Same applies to radio.

in some cases i like the music and or the topic but, cannot stand the presenter.there are all different kinds of reasons why people listen to programs on radio and dislike elements of it, presenters being one.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw
Offensive words removed