The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

I think that European integration has far less market value than some would have us believe and that bad EU policy similarly has far more negative value

For the sector's which have fully integrated and where our companies have fully engaged then the value is immense.

For the sector's which have fully integrated and where our companies have fully engaged then the value is immense.

So far the markets disagree with you.

Sometimes for every door that closes, 2 open. Creative destruction.

It was always about politics for me anyway. I don't want to be assimilated into the glorious European collective. And it turns out that resistance is far from futile. ;)

So far the markets disagree with you.

Sometimes for every door that closes, 2 open. Creative destruction.

Most times though you find yourself locked out in the cold.

It was always about politics for me anyway. I don't want to be assimilated into the glorious European collective.

Being realistic and in spite of the grand aspirations that was always a very unlikely outcome.

And it turns out that resistance is far from futile. ;)

We've not left yet :)

There is very little in those links that give out much information as to exactly what he has done and achieved with his UK helping deeds since they were published last year.

Maybe you could sum them up and explain what effect they have had?

Maybe I would have, if all Brexit-related threads -without exception- did not always descend into the same arguments, stereotypes and ad hominems. Per e.g. the latest posts since mine, and so many hundreds before them, not to mention the thousands in the numerous closed threads.

I can even foretell what you reply to this post will be, based on forum stereotype (I can play that game too ;)): "ha, you're not summing up/explaining, that's because you can't, Carney has done nowt, you're wrong, nah-nah-nah".

Yawn. I've gotten bored by it, and I'm done doing the brickwall head-hitting thing about Brexit.

I've put a couple of brief references for Cyclone's benefit, so if you have a particular interest about them, do your own research from these articles, think for yourself and answer your own questions. If you can be bothered. I don't particularly care either way, since I wasn't talking to you anyway.

EDIT: no malice or offence meant with the above, apelike. I'm taking a self-imposed 'working vacation' from Brexit threads and SF.

Edited by L00b

A policeman in France pulls over a German driver.

"License please?"

"Here you go."

"Occupation?"

"Nein nein! Just on holiday!"

Most times though you find yourself locked out in the cold.

We've not left yet :)

Remember the old saying, 'when one door closes, another one shuts' :hihi:

This is what certain entities want. Britain to be isolated, then it there for the picking.

It seems that our financial services folk may not be terribly interested in keeping passports.

https://www.thecityuk.com/assets/2017/Reports-PDF/Brexit-and-UK-based-financial-and-related-professional-services.pdf

They call for "mutual recognition of regulatory regimes" rather than common regulatory regimes.

I've put a couple of brief references for Cyclone's benefit, so if you have a particular interest about them, do your own research from these articles, think for yourself and answer your own questions. If you can be bothered. I don't particularly care either way, since I wasn't talking to you anyway.

What you forget is that this is a forum and anybody can respond. The trouble is I have done some research especially into those articles that as you say were for Cyclone and I cannot see anywhere in them exactly what Carney has done that has been effective. There is a lot of talk but not much substance. He has made money available and to help stimulate the economy and used QE. That is exactly what he has done before the referendum and by all accounts it didn't work so its nothing new. That's why I asked for details as the links don't seem to explain much.

EDIT: no malice or offence meant with the above, apelike. I'm taking a self-imposed 'working vacation' from Brexit threads and SF.

No malice taken or offence caused and what you do is up to you.

He has made money available and to help stimulate the economy and used QE. That is exactly what he has done before the referendum and by all accounts it didn't work so its nothing new.

I tend to agree, but that is what the main parties do.

What you forget is that this is a forum and anybody can respond.
Do I? How so?

The trouble is I have done some research especially into those articles that as you say were for Cyclone and I cannot see anywhere in them exactly what Carney has done that has been effective.
Have you now?

There is a lot of talk but not much substance. He has made money available and to help stimulate the economy and used QE. That is exactly what he has done before the referendum and by all accounts it didn't work so its nothing new.
So, presumably, you didn't come across-
  • Carney's manhandling the MPC in August about their interest rate vote? (into lowering it, rather than letting them either keep it same or increase it...do I need to explain the <positive> monetary and economical consequences as well?)
  • Carney's creation of a new international director for the BoE and the appointment of James Talbot in the job in October or November to prepare the BoE for a post-Brexit/-trump anti-globalist change long-term?
  • Carney's ongoing support-mustering within the UK banking industry for a transitional deal with the EU-27 that would allow UK-based financial firms to keep operating under the existing trading arrangements until 2021 at least?
  • <...>

Nah. Apparently, "just QE like before". Some research there, sport.

The trouble is I have done some research
The trouble is that you can't do objectivity: like so many other pro-Brexiters, sod the facts, let's just take a pop at the messenger because he may not be onside.

Which is exactly why such threads just end up going round into ever more vacuous circles.

There you go, fishing successful, you got your explanation in the end. Feel free to respond however you see fit.

Edited by L00b

Do I? How so?

Have you now?

So, presumably, you didn't come across-

• Carney's manhandling the MPC in August about their interest rate vote? (into lowering it, rather than letting them either keep it same or increase it...do I need to explain the <positive> monetary and economical consequences as well?)
  • Carney's creation of a new international director for the BoE and the appointment of James Talbot in the job in October or November to prepare the BoE for a post-Brexit/-trump anti-globalist change long-term?
  • Carney's ongoing support-mustering within the UK banking industry for a transitional deal with the EU-27 that would allow UK-based financial firms to keep operating under the existing trading arrangements until 2021 at least?
  • <...>

Nah. Apparently, "just QE like before". Some research there, sport.

The trouble is that you can't do objectivity: like so many other pro-Brexiters, sod the facts, let's just take a pop at the messenger because he may not be onside.

Which is exactly why such threads just end up going round into ever more vacuous circles.

There you go, fishing successful, you got your explanation in the end. Feel free to respond however you see fit.

The salient point about Carney's intervention was the clear signal that the bank would step in to shore up the financial sector.

So there you have it. The banks are backstopped by the taxpayer and the risks from Brexit are institutionally minimised for them.

This certainty is baked into the markets and Brexiters should be eternally grateful for it rather than dismissive for it has made Brexit a possibility.

No single factor behind sterling flash crash, BIS says. One of the reasons was fat finger, according to BBC radio news.

Where is that icon, banging its head against the wall ;)