The "I am currently reading" thread

I got James Follett's final two books - Return of the Eagles and A Forest of Eagles for Xmas, both set in a German prisoner of war camp in the Lake District during WW2 and loosely based upon the Hardy Kruger movie "The One That Got Away".

Just finished 'The Guide to the Global Conspiracy' by Mr Icke, another fine 600 pager by Big Dave.

Am now getting stuck into Blink, by Malcolm Gladwell - anyone for a bit of 'thin-slicing'?

i am reading "digging to america" by anne taylor/tyler. I can't remember her name, and its all the way upstairs. i'd recommend it though

I'm half way through "Take it like a man"- the autobiography of Boy George. Was stuck for something to read and ir was passed on by the MIL.

So far, the best auto biog I've read.

Jim

The Shining - Stephen King and My booky wook - Mr Brand

Re-reading "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings", by Mary Angelou. I forgot how much I enjoyed it the first time round. A tremendous read.

I'm currently reading "Red Seas Under Red Skies" by Stephen Lynch. It's the follow up to "The Lies of Locke Lamora" which was one of the best Fantasy novels i've read in years - and this one is also shaping up to be a very good read!

I have just finished reading Richard Hammonds Autobiography.

Ben Elton's Chart Throb:roll:

Already read it, but I picked it up again last night and couldn't put it down, not everyone's taste, but he really makes me chuckle:hihi:

Just finished Freakonomics by Levitt and Dubner - interesting outlook on data, statistics and economics, but a little repetitive. ; nearly finished Yacoubian Building by Alaa Al Aswany - a good holiday read, lots of short stories, some of which are a little shocking; and just started Half of A Yellow Sun by Adiche, gripping.

Just refound Ulysses by James Joyce, which I have half read; will make it a resolution to finish it.

Re-reading "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings", by Mary Angelou. I forgot how much I enjoyed it the first time round. A tremendous read.

ooh yeah good book! Not read it for ages!