F Parramore & Sons Ltd Smith Street, Sheffield

Thank you for that information, if possible I would like information from the earlier days of the football team and the family that owned the company.

Many thanks for you help

Maggie

Hi

I am unsure where they played, so any information is much appreciated

Thank you

I'm the match day secretary of the football club and we currently reside in Worksop, known as Worksop Parramore Football Club. We play in Northern Counties East Division One where we just finished 3rd.

Edited by parrapaul

We've gone through some changes in recent history. The Chairman and Vice Chairman, Pete Whitehead and Max Ross, have been trying to build the club into a force within the region. To do this we changed our name to Sheffield Parramore in 2010 to try and get more coverage from the Sheffield Star.

An opportunity came where we could purchase Sandy Lane in Worksop (Worksop Town's old ground), so we re-located and re-branded again to Worksop Parramore (and invited Worksop Town back to ground share with us).

Our history is limited on the origins of the club, who formed it exactly, where was it formed, who were the first players, early matches etc etc? We're keen on knowing as much about the Parramore family as we can too, after all, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them.

I used to work albeit briefly at Parramore's on Smith St Chapeltown as a young girl, I worked in the Core Shop at the side of the Foundry making the cores out of sand which was heated up in machines in moulds which were baked then they were used in the foundry

Thank You Lucky Yorkie, do have any information about the family ie, who it was that the F Paramore was, has the company now folded etc..

Any information would be apprciated

Thanks again

Maggie

Sorry Maggie it is so long ago I can't remember who was in charge I must have been only about 19yrs old at the time and like a typical youngster didn't take notice as long as my wage packet was correct lol, but that was about 38yrs ago now. Hope you get the info you want, my ex Brother-in-law worked for them for awhile as a driver and I think it was Graham Paramore in charge at that time but that was quite a few years after i'd left there

Hi Maggie, Graham Parramore was my Grandfather, I will happily answer any questions you have. If I can!