New Sainsburys in Bradway?

I have written to Sainsbury's on this point and their answer was;

"The proposals include replacing the existing building with a new, purpose built unit. The design team has explored the possibility of retaining the current building as part of the plans but unfortunately this cannot be incorporated due to design and layout requirements. Sainsbury's will make every effort to ensure the design of the new building is in keeping with the character of the local area."

It would be nice if they landscaped it, a bit like the Marks and Spencer on Ecclesall Road.

Yes, I know this is snobbish, BUT, perhaps we could have a really nice "Spoons" in Bradway to give the clientele the chance to fight and vomit on the pavement.

Typical of someone from Bradway, the reason I had to get away from the pretentious "wannabe snobs".

"wannabe snobs". Where did you get the wannabe bit from, there is no wannabe about me. I assume you have moved away from Bradway to give yourself more opportunity to fight and vomit on the pavement, hopefully, you now live next to a really nice "Spoons".

The planning application has gone in and can be viewed online at; http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=MLI46VNYFY000

A rather bland building to replace one with a degree of character. Curious how Sainsbury's have not bought out Coral and are building round them, apparently taking all their parking.

The bookmakers shop is actually part of the same property as the pub so Sainsburys will be buying both. Local rumour is that when the lease expires Coral will move to the former Natwest bank premises.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 22:58 ----------

See what you mean about the Coral bookmakers shop unit http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/files/F84946B27C99B1B5AF88D0A7483A13C3/pdf/13_01343_FUL-SITE_PLAN-678478.pdf

The bookmakers shop is actually part of the same property as the pub so Sainsburys will be buying both. Local rumour is that when the lease expires Coral will move to the former Natwest bank premises.

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 22:58 ----------

See what you mean about the Coral bookmakers shop unit http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/files/F84946B27C99B1B5AF88D0A7483A13C3/pdf/13_01343_FUL-SITE_PLAN-678478.pdf

If Coral's lease is due to run out in the next 2 or 3 years, surely Sainsbury's would have bought them out and incorporated their section into their plans? Obviously, if the new store does well (assuming it goes ahead) it may need more space, but it would be more expensive to have to demolish Coral's and build an extension at a later date than buy out their lease now.

Rumour I heard suggested it might be another bookmaker going into NatWest building, but rumours aren't facts. Of course this may all be shadow boxing!! Maybe Coral's have demanded a high price and Sainsbury's are showing they don't really need their site, but will smother them.

Hmm, the proposal is a bit bland.

Sainsbury's look to be putting up an identikit building, when they could use a bit of imagination and put something a bit more stylish up. Can't see any planting or softening of the building either. It just looks functional.

"wannabe snobs". Where did you get the wannabe bit from, there is no wannabe about me. I assume you have moved away from Bradway to give yourself more opportunity to fight and vomit on the pavement, hopefully, you now live next to a really nice "Spoons".

upper working class trying to be middle class, worst sort, the really nice people are the upper class, i know, i lived and worked in ascott many years ago and met both types!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I'll bet it took a lot of thought to come up with this semi literate miss-spelt reply.

I'll bet it took a lot of thought to come up with this semi literate miss-spelt reply.

hahaha, wow did it take you that long to come up with that reply, im sorry but its true, upper working class are the worst type, they expend so much energy pulling down everyone else imstead of actually enjoying their lot in life

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

You are The Bradway Troll. I have Just looked at your previous posts, they are not informative, witty or intelligent, as for good sarcasm, you know that humour so loved in Britain, yours is banal. I also recommend a new spell checker and a decent book on grammar.