Cats going to the toilet in the snow..help please!

I haven't seen my cat go to the toilet or outside at all since it started snowing. Two days ago I bought a litter tray and set it up for him and he hasn't used that either!

So now I'm confused and slightly worried as to where he has been going to the toilet as there is no evidence of it anywhere :help::huh:

When the snow clears you'll probably find that he's been going within a few feet of your door. Be careful where you walk as the snow starts to thaw.

One of mine peed in the house the other day, not impressed!

You could try digging him a little path to the nearest bush?

our 12 year old cat never uses a litter tray even though it's always available just in case. However, with the deep snow, she has been sat looking at the open door as if to say 'You think I'm mad?! I'm not going out in that!'. Yesterday she had her first wee in the litter tray. Then this morning she was scratching at the bed and pestering for us to get up. I put more food down and she was still pestering so up I got again. I decided to try the door again and sure enough this time she wanted to go out - trying to jump through the snow that was up past her belly! I checked outside two minutes later and there she was, a metre from the back door, by the door of the outhouse covering her poo in fresh snow! Nice!

Aww, bless em! mine are indoor cats anyway but they are dying to go out!! standing at the door meowing all the time, i open it and they just look at me as if to "what the f**k?!....can you get rid of it please!!" i've cleared the top step for them but they are scared of the snowflakes!!

ive cleared a path so hopefully he'll use it to get to the garden

LOL - one of ours didn't go for three days - his face when we opened the back door for him was a picture - he finally went in the litter tray we set up for him. Our youngest had 6 attempts yesterday, before finally scraping a little hole in the snow on the paving outside the backdoor and peeing ... now he walks past it and wrinkles his nose at it the little so and so.

I managed to make some paths by treading the snow down as hard as l could. As we have a catflap litter trays are not on our shopping list. Had some litter so made a litter tray out of the washing basket, this seems to be ok.

My old girl hadn't gone for about 24 hours the other day.

I eventually cruelly put her out and closed the door behind her.

When I opened the door 10 minutes later there was a poop on the snow outside the door (which the Chocador helpfully "cleaned up")and she'd gone through the flap into the garage.

We've got 4 and the little monkeys won;t go out in it, although they would probaby disappear to be fair! I've cleared a path so our lab can pop outside and do what she needs to do! Almost out of litter now though. My brother's cat used his sports holdall as a temporary litter tray as she did't want to go outside. I say that's using initiative. :hihi:

I cleared a path outside our backdoor yesterday leading to the outhouse where Moggy had a poo that morning. However, she decided she'd rather have one outside next door's kitchen window! ooops! :)