Under the Stars,learning disability friendly Disco etc

Half of our staff team supporting loads of the people the support...stating as late as they want to and going for a kebab after as well on the drunken walk home!! as it should be, if thats what they want

thats good to hear..i really enjoyed it and the bands were great!..again a disapointing amount of people leaving at 9.30 to get back for shift change over at 10, i can't say whether the people they were supporting wanted to leave or not but did overhear someone saying "time to go now, its time for bed..."

As predicted some of the people we support did walk home after that kebab and yes we do also support some who will have gone home in a mini bus and bed by maybe 11pm but that is at thier say so.

I have worked in this area of support for a long time and we provide support when ever people want to be supported, at the end of the day they pay for it....

The local authority and CSCI, would be interested in knowing if that wasnt how it was...If we get paid to provide 25hrs a week, we also get told when they want the support, what ever the hrs a week the same applies.

The feedback was good as ever and they are already talking about the next one.

Hi,

I am really interested in volunteering for this. I currently work with adults with learning disabilities in a supported living environment. I did send an email a while ago, but didn't hear anything back.

Please could someone send me a PM or email me : natalie.harris@live.co.uk if there are any volunteering opportunities.

Thank you.

Natalie

:)

Have emailed you, sorry didn't get your first attempt. Join our group on face book too!

Some of our service users have attended the disco, and have really enjoyed themselves

Edited by Rubycare

hi again could you put me in touch with. who heads the volunteering I have tried the above link to the website but couldn't get anywhere on that no links on it at all just a home page?