Calling ALL DJ's - Best PC DJ Jukebox Software?

Hi,

Any DJ's out there who use DJ mixing software?

What do you use?

What would you recommend?

Virtual DJ?

OtsAv?

I am using AV Mix Master version 2 and there is a version 3 (BETA 1) which I am having compatibility issues.

Version 2 doesn't appear to work on VISTA so I tried the BETA 1 version 3 which is VISTA compatable. However, there is a JIT Debugger message that comes up regarding Net framework even though i have installed net framework 1.1 redistribution package and have the latest version of net framework 3.5.

The developer of this program Ries Van Moorselaar had a website http://www.avsoft.nl which is now no more.

His email also does not exist anymore so there is no technical support available even though the trial program is still available to download off the internet.

Anyway, wanted to know which in your opinion is the best software to use?

What are all you guys using?

thanks

Paul

I use Virtual DJ, I think it's decent play all mp3s with audio effects, video, and karoke if you got the files

thanks L U K A S.

Any more DJ's out there who use any other Software?

Paul

I used to use PCDJ Red, as it supported multiple output for a multi channel sound card (Left deck out of front, right out of rear, or main out of right, and monitor out of rear) was great to use without a mixer.

But now I use Traktor DJ Studio 3 (I dislike anything newer than 3)

It allows me to play up to 4 tracks at once (or 1 playing, 3 queued) and they can all be from the same CD too :)

If you are wanting to beat match your tracks, then I would say Virtual DJ, however if you are wanting just to play tracks then I would suggest BPM Studio I've used it for years.

As for software not compatible in Visa i.e software which you may have had working in XP will work on vista however you would need to turn off user account control then install it you will find then that it will work, but if you use the same machine for internet i would suggest you turn the user account control back on, turning it off when you want to use your software, as for pcdj i find it uses alot of resources imo BPM Studio is far better

I use OTS, its great.

You can play music, video and karaoke - and best of all, no compatability issues with vista :D

I dont use it for karaoke though, Sax N Dottys is better for that, but for audio and video files its the best I have used...

You've inspired me, so I looked through the YUM repository for Fedora and found mixxx. I couldn't get the homepage, but here's the wiki, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixxx

I have used Traktor since version 3, on Pro now - the latest one seems to actually work for a change! I tried deckadance and virtualdj, both are poor in comparison to Traktor's deck feel and the quality of the end mix.

Also been playing around with Ableton Live, its even better than Traktor! Although its more into proper computer mixing than deck simulation.

Virtual DJ and PCDJ FX for me, i started off with PCDJ red then moved onto BPM and WinCDG for karaoke now i use Virtual DJ for music and PCDK FX for karaoke

I've been using a fully licensed version of OTS AV since I first started DJing in 2001.

Sax and Dottys for Karaoke, also fully licensed.

Have a play with Ableton Live, I'm not saying it's the best as I haven't played with a lot of them & it's also a sequencer, but hell it's good fun if you just shove a load of techno in it & mess around.

Great response lads. You've come up with some I had heard of and others not.

Yesterday I tried Virtual DJ and didn't like it.

I'm after something similar to AV Mixmaster which is a Jukebox application.

I'm not into scratching but just want a simple straightforward jukebox player that i can search and queue up songs and play and when the song ends fade out and the next track fade in. BPM sync would be handy since AV Mixmaster does not have that facility.

I heard about PCDJ Red and its supported multiple output for a multi channel sound card (Left deck out of front, right out of rear, or main out of right, and monitor out of rear)

One of the probs with AV Mismaster is that you can't listen to the next track that you are cuing up or searching for whilst the other one is playing.

so having that facility would also be handy.

Might try BPM Studio.

I will try the advice given by BRUNO regarding VISTA.Thanks

It seems that you all use various software?

BTW who are the guys who have the residency at the Holiday INN Rotherham.

Lost there contact details and i'm sure they were using OTSAV when i last spoke to them.

Anyway, any more suggestions gladly received.

Cheers

Paul